break light

GoldenMotor.com

madmax16117

Mar 8, 2012
Pa
Hi guys. I am looking for a break light. Something that brightens when I apply the breaks. Anyone done this? I know it's probably been talked about in length. If you can direct me to a thread or manufacturer it would be helpful. Also feed back on how it works would be great. Thanks guys.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
some mopeds have a mechanical lite switch activated by the handbrake lever.
u might look at those kinda parts???

Best
rc

BTR

Jan 15, 2012
Bakersfield
http://www.tmart.com/Bicycle-Turn-Signal-Brake-LED-Light-with-Horn_p112716.html

I bought this, free shipping, super cheap, and works pretty well, it's got turn signals and a brake light on the front and back, I put it more toward my handlebar instead of the center so I could access the turn signals a little better, so the brake light in front really is only good if you have straight handlebars, I'm on a cruiser. These mount right under your seat and there's a small clip that you attach to the brake that when pressed it pushes a button that engages the light, try it out if nothing else, you can't beat $7

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Those are nice... Gosh, you guys are lite years ahead of me! :)
I'm still wishing I had a mirror!

I did find a flashy red light thingy at the $ store, though.
Now I gotta remember to carry it with me, for when the WX gets warmer and I might get caught out at nite.

I'll stop by RS and have a look at those switches.
Tnx for the post!
rc

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
search jp cycles for chopper brake light switch fits anything! I mean it ! an there is a scooter parts place I got a nice rear brake light for the wifes trike was something like 10 bucks , cant remember which one I ordered from tho .
Gary

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I used a magura brake lever with an integrated brake light switch. I got it on ebay for $31.00, but I had to pay another $12 for the switch, and $9 for the cable adjusting barrel. Pretty pricey, but the magura lever is probably the finest built product on my whole bike. Heavy duty with a bent arm for maximum cable travel. I can really pull hard on my front drum brake with this lever. I looked on ebay right now though, and that seller does not have any listed.

For the light, I used an old Ford model A tail light with license plate light underneath that houses an 1158 dual filament 6volt bulb.

I have a build thread here where you can see my brake lever with the brake wires wrapped around the brake cable, as well as the tail light assembly.

Gilbert