Expansion chambers & performance pipes for China 2 strokes

GoldenMotor.com

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
A while back, over in the boardtracker threads, I came across a comment that suggested that changing pipes on China 2 strokes didnt make much difference.
I knew that couldnt be correct, as all my experience with 2 strokes in the past suggested that if you have a correctly tuned pipe then you can coax much more power outta them.
I changed to the simple 'performance' pipe on this page. It made an amazing difference.
Note that he has developed a more involved design on there too. He claims 74 km/h with a 48cc (carbon frame) with that design.
Performance Exhaust Systems Cycle Pro Motors
The pic is a diagram of expansion chamber theory

Attachments

bharmon

Nov 3, 2011
Ohio
Thank you Brett, that was exactly what i was looking for. Did you fab. an expansion chamber exhaust using this guide?

Bruce Harmon

talbotti

Sep 17, 2011
Finland

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
That pipe looks awesome! All 2-stroke pipes are that way; you can tune them for either low, mid, or high RPM power, but you can't have it all... :(

Good job on it!! (^)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I welded a junk pocket bike chamber to my china exhaust flange...No way it was tuned right for the engine but it made a very large difference in power! Now it's one of the first mods I do with a new kit> Cheap and easy(if you have a welder)

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I used an expansion pipe from a pocket rocket. Tuned properly--probably not.
Immediately noticed better midrange seemed to breathe easier. Looks hotter'n **** and snds like an old McCulloch chainsaw my uncle used in the woods.

Last edited:

Gan Man

Jan 22, 2012
South east , Ontario
Hi members, I was wondering if SBP expansion chamber is about the same as one on bike berry &canada skyhawk site ? Prices are slightly different ,which is better ?

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Hi members, I was wondering if SBP expansion chamber is about the same as one on bike berry &canada skyhawk site ? Prices are slightly different ,which is better ?
I've never used any of them but the guys at SBP are members here and take care of their customers. I've only ever seen people praise them for fast shipping and quality products. I don't think you could do better any where else.

Last edited: