loud and fast

GoldenMotor.com

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
I've wonder how it would sound with a glass back cherry bomb it's possible and a perfect fit need a wielder and pipe and it would look sick just mount on the side of the wheel.

TorqinDirty

Oct 14, 2009
australia
I ran my "Bomber" Bike like this!!!
They are really fast & powerful without the baffle!!!!
It won't hurt it running it like that.
The best compromise is to drill a few 3/8" holes in the end of the baffle. (A little more power, a little more noise!)
its all good to do this but the engine will still need back pressure otherwise it will probably seaze, a good way of doing a performance mod would be to rip the guts out of the muffler and drill holes in the end cap, or make a new end cap

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
The bike will be fine. Gas back pressure isn't much needed it's the back wall to reflect the sonic wave and a front wall to compress it to supercharge the cylinder so ride on man and have fun!

.sno.

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
im running mine with a gutted pipe. when i first took it out i couldn't believe how much more power it gives, i've had a couple times when taking off from a stop that it would do a little wheelie as i pop the clutch. and the sound too, its got that badass rumble at low rpms and when throttling down, i love it. my engine was too rich even with the needle on the top clip, after i took out the baffle, it was just lean enough, i could probably go a touch leaner but i dont want to risk it. ive been riding it like that since late july and its still going strong. i care more about going fast than going far, if i fry the motor, ill just get another one for a hundred bucks.

TorqinDirty

Oct 14, 2009
australia
The bike will be fine. Gas back pressure isn't much needed it's the back wall to reflect the sonic wave and a front wall to compress it to supercharge the cylinder so ride on man and have fun!

.sno.

yeah your right about that, but i realalised something. were talking about mass produced, coppied mufflers, there not tuned or anything like that im just saying that anything remotly tuned is going to be better than that. so lets have a new approach, these mufflers arent the best for your engine

xmikex

Oct 30, 2009
socal
It doesn't remove all backpressure. A two stroke will run without a muffler, it's just hard to get good throttle response from off idle to upper midrange..
is there anyway to get the sound and the speed while still keeping the throttle response?

also if the endcap of the muffler can be taken off is it better to jsut remove the cap and the baffle or should you gut the muffler then drill holes in the cap?

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
When I removed the baffle from my first engine I could hardly tell any difference when run side by side with a "stock" muffler.
I was looking at one of these stock mufflers The other day. When you removed the baffle do you mean all the internal guts? I want to completely remove all the inside of one thats going on the end of the tuned pipe on my Morini motor. Last repack the cavity with steel Brillo padding for Quieter noise pollution. Just wondering what is termed as the baffle? I am baffled by all the baffling I see inside? If so how did you get the guts out?

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I got a bunch of metal roofing washers once welded them together with no holes lining up with adjacent holes. It made a very quite muffler . Part of my Idea was to let the original muffler act like an expansion chamber. I drilled holes in the washers large enough not to restrict flow. It was an experiment that did prove better than stock. Until I got a tuned pipe.

The washers were spaced about 1/4 inch apart there was a total of six washers if I remember right. While it worked better I sure had an oily bike though.

Attachments

Last edited:

xmikex

Oct 30, 2009
socal
any problems with taking off the end cap completely and taking the baffel out and leaving it without a cap?

and i keep hearing youll need to "tune" the engine for no baffle how would i go about doing that?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
If you run the pipe without a baffle & without the end cap, it's gonna be helluva loud!!! (& probably get you pulled over!!!)

AFTER you set up the pipe how it will be permanently, you will have to re-jet the carb.

xmikex

Oct 30, 2009
socal
i want the louder sound would it still be loud if i jsut removed the baffle and putthe cap back on and drilled holes?

and is there any right ups on here to tell me how to rejet it? i searched and didnt come up with anyhting

Last edited:

theblueboy

Oct 11, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hey Guys! I know this sound stupid but, how do you remove
the bottom of the muffler? I tried unscrewing the two screws on the
bottom and it still wouldn't come out? And after I take it out then what should
I do to make it go faster? I've done the break-in period (1 Gallon) but I'm sure
I have not gone 200 miles yet and it only makes it up to 27mph on flat.
How do I make it go faster without making it a ton louder?

Andrew