light system for 4 stroker?

GoldenMotor.com

bw1

Apr 26, 2011
southern cal
Hello all,

Not sure which brand of four stroke Im going with but has anybody successful hooked a light system to one of these engines.

Im in southern california and going to follow dmv requirements so Im not hassled by local law enforcement. Dont want to use a battery if I dont need to.

I have read all the posts here and did not see anything directly for 4 strokers.

thanks

brad

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hello all,

Not sure which brand of four stroke Im going with but has anybody successful hooked a light system to one of these engines.

Im in southern california and going to follow dmv requirements so Im not hassled by local law enforcement. Dont want to use a battery if I dont need to.

I have read all the posts here and did not see anything directly for 4 strokers.

brad
There have been a few people here working on lighting systems for the
49 cc Huasheng or Honda.
Nothing too successful or available that I remember.
Keep searching or someone will give you a link.

Do you know the CA motorized bike vehicle codes?
what area are you riding in?

Always good to see more SoCal riders.

bw1

Apr 26, 2011
southern cal
There have been a few people here working on lighting systems for the
49 cc Huasheng or Honda.
Nothing too successful or available that I remember.
Keep searching or someone will give you a link.

Do you know the CA motorized bike vehicle codes?
what area are you riding in?

Always good to see more SoCal riders.
yes, I have looked over the code book. It looks like I need to go the whole route with taili light, blinkers etc. Im riding in the diamond bar, pomona, walnut area. I looking to ride the bike to mount sac (college) which is about 5 miles away. Where are you located. If you are close to me I would like to see your bike and ask questions if you would happen to have the time.

brad

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
All you need is reflectors, front light (can be a flasher), rear light (can also be a flasher), helmet, and keep it 30 or less to not be hassled. Helps even more if you're going 25 or less and are pedaling. Don't wear black hoodies, make yourself easily visible. Cops usually just ignore you or wave. I've been riding these for years and never been hassled when all the visual stuff is in order.

Edit: some areas are cracking down and want DOT helmets and license plates. I have neither (yet) and cops leave me alone. I also don't ride fast. But you do not need blinkers (these are still bicycles, and you must use hand signals) or a stop light.

Last edited: