Vibration and + performance/speed

GoldenMotor.com

jototojo

Apr 10, 2011
argentina
Hello again people,
I've been wondering what could i do to lower vibrations on my bike, i've heard of the rubber on the mounting part, but anyone has another idea?
On the other hand i want to know what to do to make my engine run better.
My bike actually is going up to 27 miles an hour. So is not really fast.
Thank you!

dnut

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
There's several way I've read about and one I'm working on. Many use rubber to isolate, some go the opposite direction and make up very solid mounts that look like they're from a Deisel truck.

I have gone the solid mount direction but that was kinda forced on me by my choice of frame. I had to use epoxy clay to make the seat post angle match up to the back motor mount angle. Because there was no room for the back mount I used the epoxy putty to form a mount on the motor. Now, thanks to the fact that the Sick Bike Parts head studs leave some thread showing when torqued down I made up 4 coupler nuts, there are no M8 1.00 coupler nuts in the world. These will mount a pair of brackets that will have straps running to the frame to stop any twisting movement the motor want's to make.

Got this idea from a guy in the "other" bike forum. He used wire and turnbuckles to do this but this is an upgrade from what he has that I discussed with him. I got the aluminum to do this but I've been riding :)