Brake problem

GoldenMotor.com

bill gurreri

Mar 30, 2011
york , pa, usa
Just got my gt 2 in the mail today got all the mounting done. when i disengage the clutch the rear wheel wont spin. if i losten the drive chain side of the rear wheel the brake drum wiggles and the wheel rolls freely,,, i obviously ant keep the wheel nut loose... anyone know why this is happening... i'm ready to break things.......

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
no just pull the wheel off the take the brake off

i left the drum on the wheel just to make sure the sprocket stay where it belongs

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Bill.
Back up a little and describe what your rear wheel is, what kind of brake you have and what you did in mounting up your drive sprocket. I'm not clear if you have a drum brake, coaster brake or what. With coaster brakes sometimes you can get the cone nut too tight and the wheel won't spin freely. I'm not clear about what your set up is. Without an understanding of the problem it is hard to figure a solution. I can't see why you would need to change over to a V brake just because you are mounting an engine kit.
SB

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
on a gt2 the bike has a drum and v brake on the rear wheel it and hd hub on the gt bike some thing don't fix right every time u snug up ur wheel it it will not let it move freely so that is why i just take it off and run just the v brakes and i have tryed all that i can think of to get it to work it just works better with out the drum

http://blowbyu.ca/76943.html

Last edited: