crank truing

GoldenMotor.com

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
I sent 2 new cranks out to texas to get trued up he is going to send them back to me by monday and if all goes well i will post up his contact info heres a pic of his setup with my cranks..

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
This is going to be a cool little thread to follow....if you guys can keep posting the links to the parts, that would help out lots of guys(Myself included) Id like to do over a couple engines with some good parts, My plate is full with a couple bikes going together in the next couple weeks, but Im planning it afterwards.
Cheers

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
actually i talked to him yesterday and the 2 shavts were pretty dang good but the webs were not concentric with the shafts. He is going to press it apart and machine them concentric. We are just experimenting right now i wont know anything till i get it back

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
there are plenty of other parts of theese engines that also add to vibes like the magnets and the clutch pressure plates they are never round but hopefully this helps a bit

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Thankyou flybytaco. This is very very interesting to me. I've gotta get some sleep then I'm going to read your thread and try to understand it to the letter. Thanks again.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
we are doing much more than truing the crank. experimenting Daniel i dont have any pricing yet but it's also not going to be cheap

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
ok so i got my cranks back today. The 2 piece was bent where the magnet mounts. No wonder that engine never ran right. the solid one is trued up pre rebuild left side runout was .002" and right was .003" post rebuild left side runout.001" as well as the right .001" crank width pre rebuild 1.736" post rebuild 1.738 side clearance pre rebuild .013: post .012" I also had the rod measured but dont feel like typing much more so i'll save it for a rainy day. Cant wait to see how it goes