Boston North 2nd Annual Presidents Day 3 State Ride

GoldenMotor.com

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
I'm going to ride this friday Feb. 18th same bat time same bat place. Choose your cold weather preference. Monday low 30's possible snow showers or Friday middle
50's. Hope to see a motored bike or two either day.

Salisbury State Park Rt. 1A parking lot nearest jetty
11am
Bring your flip flops and UV protection

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Just came across this posting. Computer was down for a while. Not enough time to get ready now.

Jim

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
Although MopedJay and I went on friday(that went well), I'm going to punt on today. I will schedule a ride weather permitting in the very near future.
Maybe the folks who couldn't make it will come on the potential new date.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I will be looking forward to the rescheduled 3 state ride.

Jim

Although MopedJay and I went on friday(that went well), I'm going to punt on today. I will schedule a ride weather permitting in the very near future.
Maybe the folks who couldn't make it will come on the potential new date.

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
Rescheduled from presidents day chill festival
Saturday March 5th is going to be a good beach day. Upper 40's to low 50's, bring sand toys and a motoredbike etc:
Meetup at Salisbury State Park Rt.1A first parking lot near the jetty, 11am. Can we have a show of hands so I know how many egg mcmuffins to bring.

1 mcmuffins for me
1 for George
1 for Freddie
1 for Mike
1 for Jay(meatless unless chicken)

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Will drag my bike out of storage and try to fire it up. Then head to the registry. If all goes well I should be there. No eats for me. Don't wait for me if I'm late again, as I know the route and will catch up.

Jim

Attachments

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
Being from RI. I can't get my bike registered. What's the chances of getting hassled?
different town then im from in MA but i took my bike out for its first ride no registration no plate no lights, plain old bmx helmet, not DOT approved for sure since it was made for skate parks.

rode right by a police officer going in the other direction and they went right on by me no hassle.

can't say for sure about this ride since i don't know the area, but unless you guys are making problems for someone else i don't see why police would take the time to mess with you.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Took the bike out of storage and she started right up. So I guess that I'll be there.

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
Ya like matthurd said if your not doing something absurd should be fine. Bring a good helmet and goggles. Last time Fred drove in the middle of the road and the outcome was a couple of tickets that eventually got dismissed. Glad you can make it one more egg mcmuffin.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
i would like to go but i don't have a working magneto, and my chain is rubbing my frame so maybe next time later in the spring or during the summer if theres another get together i can join ya guys.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Was a great time. Wind was to our backs heading to Maine. Some good afternoon sun but a cold wet ride on the return leg.
Lot's of water on the roads from snow melt. Riding without fenders you got a constant road shower. The road traffic was light and very bike tolerent. While stopped in NH for lunch the bikes got a lot of attention and smiles.

All and all a fun ride!

Attachments