27 tooth sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
I get 37mph~ outta my stock 44. But man, It scares me.. the high RPM that is. :)
Really need to put my 36 on there.. except I need a new back wheel for that, My current back wheel is held togethor by the 44 its got so many busted spokes.. :(

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
In my opinion the 27t sprocket is too low, it would take forever in a day to get that up to speed. plus I dont believe the motor has enough guts to get you at top speed with that size sprocket. I run a 36t on one bike and a 35t on another. and the 35t will run maybe a bit faster but not much than the 36t! A 36 t sprocket may be about the smallest you would want to run and still have some low end and top end.
just my 2 cents worth!
I just got a shift kit, and even on my underpowered new unbroken in motor with slightly modifyed stock exhaust, last gear actualy does feel nice for crusing in. No acceleration sure, But its nice crusing at low rpms for a change :) I think the last gear is equivilent to 24~ or so.

I Sure would'nt wanna do it on a single speed bike though!

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
you guys! I run a 28tooth on mine! With a 66cc carb with a exhaust chamber and i way in the 200 pound club and i have no problems with it! i have been running it for 1 year and never adjusted the clutch yet

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
HMMMM....well the first thing before i did anything else was right after i bought my motor kit, i bought a 37tooth sprocket from kings....had them widen the center hole out for the coaster brake and went from there......stock motor, no expansion chamber, 230 pounds w/o toolbag, closer to 250 w/toolbag (and i never go anywhere without my toolbag incase of breakdowns) the "high performance CNS carb w/ port matched intake manifold, 1.5 front tire. 1.75 back tire single speed and i can get up around 28-30 mph.....relatively flat land .....work is roughly 5 miles away from home, and i can get there in about 8-10 minutes barring red lights........keep in mind its a new motor and have only run 1 tank of gas through it so far, the carb isnt completely tuned in yet as i plan on getting an expansion chamber once the motor is fully broken in so carb will have to be re-tuned for that once i get one....anyways, the thing runs pretty good with the 37tooth sprocket.......i do wish the sprocket wasnt so thick...had to bend my coaster brake arm with that conveniently placed brick to get the bolt heads to clear..but thats ok. i made it work, and boy does it work well.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
What does the brick do? I don't understand. Is it a joke? Why not cut the coaster brake arm, add a washer and weld them together, to move the arm out from the chainline?

BMS420

Jan 18, 2012
Hawaii
I had to get a new wheel.. went from the 1-5 speed freewheel rear wheel to a " hitop" coast brake set up.. was using a 27t sprocket from Kings with the clam shell adapter
now I'm using the Pirate cycles adapter with 36t sprocket and my RPM's seem way to high to be going so slow is that normal? plz help!!! and 4 stroking now.. wasn't before with the 27t

Last edited: