27 tooth sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

shiloh0

Jun 28, 2008
MrLarkins, you can buy a blank sprocket from jackssmallengines.com in the go-kart section. No math needed just line up the holes from your current sprocket and drill away.

those sprockets have a 1 inch bore, what is the best way to enlarge this to fit a bike wheel hub?

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
Class, for homework I want you to pool your money together a buy me a sprocket, but never tell anyone about this.

Would that work?
It just might!!! rotfl
but I was thinking there are a lot of members here, and maybe, just maybe, someone has one lying around, and then maybe they may be a nice member and give it to me.:rolleyes:

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
Hey Nice Video But you really should change your Screen name your Too young to be MR. Larkins Untill I saw the Video I pictured this white haired Semi bald old guy riding one of these things......Sheesh so much for sterotyping......LOL

Greg

shiloh0

Jun 28, 2008
well i took the speedo off my cruiser and stuck it on speedymcschwinn. sadly, i was wildly over-estimating or calculating top end. 41 mph is the top i could attain. i think the exhaust is holding it back i need a better pipe

shiloh0

Jun 28, 2008
well i realized today that i installed this wireless speedo sensor backwards, so my prior test is no good. prolly why it said i was going from 20 to 45 in one second. and that negative symbol too...you can't outgrow knuckleheaditity

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

Easiest way for a DIY center hole enlargement (depending on how much material you have to remve) may be the simple grinder (i.e. dremel or drill with a stone)...

For larger amounts of removal it would be best to take a piece of wood (2X6 or so) and bolt the sprocket to that wood using the 9 hole mounts....Next find the exact center of the sprocket....Mark the wood and take a metal hole cutting bit for your drill and drill it out...

Hope this helps.

Andrew

TLDove

Jul 21, 2009
Lebanon,Pa
got my shyhawk 80cc up to about 42mph adjusted carb was on 44tooth weight is 120lbs and bottom exhaust tip and baffle blow out just before that a day before and exhaust blow little hole in it near motor mix i am use is 32:1 and i think its due to air flow mix and a tuned pipe would make it work like that but it was burning too hot motor got hot very hot in about 2 mins at full throttle i was far from home and had to ride it wide open at that speed think it would be pushing it to make it scream all the time

mobike91

Sep 14, 2010
lebanon, oregon
i call bs. my motor kit with a 44t would only do 37 toped out to the max. i added the 36t on there and now can do 45 pushing it. i weigh 160 and my bike is fully modded out with everything plus plus. and it only raps out to 6000 at 40 mph

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I must be doing something wrong! I have modded carb, intake port mod, exhaust port mod and expansion chamber with a 36t sprocket and can just get 40mph with a 66cc.
How you guys do it with a 44t sprocket is beyond me!

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
In my opinion the 27t sprocket is too low, it would take forever in a day to get that up to speed. plus I dont believe the motor has enough guts to get you at top speed with that size sprocket. I run a 36t on one bike and a 35t on another. and the 35t will run maybe a bit faster but not much than the 36t! A 36 t sprocket may be about the smallest you would want to run and still have some low end and top end.
just my 2 cents worth!

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE
I must be doing something wrong! I have modded carb, intake port mod, exhaust port mod and expansion chamber with a 36t sprocket and can just get 40mph with a 66cc.
How you guys do it with a 44t sprocket is beyond me!
ported ,polished,intake exhaust 36 tooth, open air filter , i can get around 50 to 52 mph on straights... it all depends on elavasetion and weather Bro!! warpseedbikes .comdnut

Last edited:

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
laffI would wonder if the speedometer was a little off! you know, the proof is in the pudding! with Jack shaft-yes, going down hill- yes, flat ground, no wind, all motor and bike and rider-no! video, video, video! Ive done enough to these motors to generate as much power as I can and I have yet to reach the 50mph club. unless maybe I weighed about 50 lbs. then maybe!
xct2 FileStyle-40mph club! dnut

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE
laffI would wonder if the speedometer was a little off! you know, the proof is in the pudding! with Jack shaft-yes, going down hill- yes, flat ground, no wind, all motor and bike and rider-no! video, video, video! Ive done enough to these motors to generate as much power as I can and I have yet to reach the 50mph club. unless maybe I weighed about 50 lbs. then maybe!
nope !! i've got'n 50mph and i weigh! 175lbs dance1

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
The brand of your speedometer, the thickness of your tires and air therein, and probably other variables I can't think of right now, all affect the credulity of this 50 mph claim. A three mile straight run, averaged, and measured by a calibrated GPS, might come close to convincing me. But even a GPS falls short of 100% accuracy. Trust not thy speedometer, for it will LIE to thee.

Last edited:

motorhead419

Jul 6, 2009
ohio
In my opinion the 27t sprocket is too low, it would take forever in a day to get that up to speed. plus I dont believe the motor has enough guts to get you at top speed with that size sprocket. I run a 36t on one bike and a 35t on another. and the 35t will run maybe a bit faster but not much than the 36t! A 36 t sprocket may be about the smallest you would want to run and still have some low end and top end.
just my 2 cents worth!
If you have enough power to pull a 27 tooth sprocket on a 26 inch wheel bike I want to know who built your engine..LOL.dance1

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
got my shyhawk 80cc up to about 42mph adjusted carb was on 44tooth weight is 120lbs and bottom exhaust tip and baffle blow out just before that a day before and exhaust blow little hole in it near motor mix i am use is 32:1 and i think its due to air flow mix and a tuned pipe would make it work like that but it was burning too hot motor got hot very hot in about 2 mins at full throttle i was far from home and had to ride it wide open at that speed think it would be pushing it to make it scream all the time
thats unreal man keep'er crackin ;)