Vintage bike suspended fork...options?

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm wondering what the options are for a vintage bike with a one inch head tube in getting a front suspension. I know of two basic springer types, the Monark with has two vertical springs and the Schwinn type with one spring and a diagonal. Apparently the commonly available reproductions of these classics are not very well made. An original of either is on they expensive side and you don't know how good the springs are and if they need to be replaced, further jacking up the price. A beefed up version of the Monark is available, but over $200.00 with shipping. This is a reproduction with some additional welding done to make them strong. I've heard good things about them. I have a third type which is a triple tree type of fork with oil filled shocks that came from a newer type Whizzer and it is a dream to ride with those. But I don't know of anything new being made which is for the older One inch head tube. Finding a used one from a Whizzer is not going to happen often. Are there other options? I have a friend who will be making up a leaf spring type of front fork this winter, but for myself I don't weld and would prefer anyway just finding something new of decent quality that will bolt right on to an old Schwinn. It would be good to know what our options are.
SB