Piston Skirt Openings?

GoldenMotor.com

Ramrider77

Sep 23, 2010
Portland Oregon!!
Hello: I have noticed when working, boring out my transfer ports! The piston skirt port openings are
alot smaller, than the Transfer ports when lined up ,ATC I was going to open them up carfully to
match the cylinder transfer ports.?Was wondering if anyone has done this also? Plus cut a little
of so the intake is not blocked at all!! it does not open quite all the way! Once i get done with all,
the stuff im doing this thing should really be smooth!! the bearing are getting replaced with new,
& lined up so they dont bind at all!! they were both bound up qiute a bit!

Thank you Kindly!!!.flg. R.R.

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Anyone done these mods and can report on them? Im very tempted to try them myselfs. (Moding the piston skirt for the transfer ports and moding the piston to not block the intake so much)

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
what bearings did you replcae and what did you replace them with and how do you know they wont bind up when putting case back together

i havent ried this mod myself but i heard it helps out

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Anyone done these mods and can report on them? Im very tempted to try them myselfs. (Moding the piston skirt for the transfer ports and moding the piston to not block the intake so much)

When the piston is at top dead center. You trace a mark on the skirt that is visible in the carburetor intake port. Trim that from the skirt. Nothing fancy just trim that little bit and smooth it out . Reassmeble cylinder done.

Some of the motors come with unforgiving piston ring clips. I recommend stuffing a rag into the motor [shavings] . Have somebody hold the piston still. Don't rush anything its a simple surgery. Gently remove material to your mark.

This is called advancing the timing on a two stroke. Some of the motors have slightly different jugs meaning the port clears the piston already.