Possible Race Event In Eastern Wa!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
How do-
Hizzonor, the right emminant Patrick Plumb, Mayor of Tonasket, has informed me that if we can gather enough MB racers to our beautiful hole-in-the-wall township, he could have a chunk of downtown cordioned off on a Spring weekend to create a closed track event!! We are thinking next year. Portable grandstands, concession stands, paying public, modest entry fee, not sure what will be prizes but SOMETHING will be offered beyond bragging rights... cripes, if nothing else I will PERSONALLY treat the winner to Pizza at Tonasket Pizza (Best in the county). Hay bales and dead tires for barriers, seperate heats for different engine sizes... OH YEA!!! THE LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT TREAT THESE THINGS LIKE BICYCLES!!! I am not certain what the haps is there, but the local cops have questioned me about how to make or acquire one of these things! I commute to work on one frequently and never get hasseled.
Who's interested?
the Old Sgt.r.ly.

sparrow69

May 12, 2010
Detroit
We've got a pretty awesome race series starting here in Detroit. I'm going to be starting a thread about it tonight actually...

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
Wow, I know a lot of guys out in that area looking for an event! I will post them a link to this thread.

Offtopic: Sparrow69....are you telling me we have motored bike racing in michigan? I am there! let me know when & where & I bet we can start a movment with all the guy's getting displaced from MX racing in the state from high bike costs.....a new poor mans racing scene is on the horizon....i love it!

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
Hmmm... define "motorized bicycle"... well, a bicycle with either a 50cc or 80cc motor bolted on board. If you can remove the engine, gears and tank in an hour's time and have a functional bicycle left behind, you're in. Not sure how else to qualify it. I'm pretty sure that nitrouse injection will not be allowed, nor engines bigger than aforementioned- 49cc (50cc class) is what constitutes 'mo-ped' in this state, the 66cc(80cc class) will be recognized as "racer only" for this event, ie, "not street legal for everyday use"... but then again, I suspect only those of us who play with these things will know the difference, not sure how that will work. Details, details... we've got a 1/4 mile loop figured out in the downtown that can be used the whole weekend in question with room for grandstands and concessions. Enough interest can result in a permanent track, possibly with banked corners! Right now, we are trying to figure out if we can get enough participants- there's also talk about us as a 'voting block' regarding the LAWS controlling these beasties!
COME ON DOWN!!!
the Old Sgt.r.ly.

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
not race- rally

Just south of town is the rodeo grounds- there is a LONG (5 mile) stretch of frontage road that hizzonor can secure for the event. Rodeo grounds is very user friendly with grandstands, consessions and the whole bag of worms. An impromptu race will not be out of the question, some of the local buisnesses are talking about sponsership (Prizes) for such an event, details are starting to gel people are getting excited.... WHERE ARE THE RIDERS?!? Is there nobody in Eastern Washington interested? or Idaho? Oregon? If accomodations are an issue, we can provide one way or another. Thinking March- April, somewhere in there. ALSO- if you've pulled the pedals off the silly thing, no problem- if it is a small motor on what was once a bicycle, you're in! The eventr has gone 'Rainbow'.
the Old Sgt.
r.ly.r.ly.r.ly.

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
Re: not race- rally

Im in Tacoma. Tonasket, WA is one heck of a drive off the beaten path, but Im goina follow this thread and see where I am in the spring.

You should also invite motorized foot scooters too since they are also street legal in WA.

i can think of about 6 people in western WA that may come if foot scooters have a place.

Personally, I'm in between both foot scooter and moped. Back half is foot scooter, front half is bike.

dirtybit2012

Dec 4, 2010
Colville wa
Hi if I have my bike built by then I live in Colville so its not that far. I am not much of a racer but would come and watch lol would ride the MB to the event. That would be a blast in itself! Good luck on the planning...
DB

ezheimers

Jan 2, 2011
Left Coast
OK... It's now 2011 and we need to follow thru on this idea? - I just stumbled accross this site - What is the latest goings on over there...? -EZ .wee.

Sideshowbob

Dec 26, 2010
Salem OR
I live in Oregon I'll see how far it is what's the date I'll start planning to see if I can make it. My rides not a racer it's a land yacht cruiser but I'll try to come if it won't cost me 200$ gas to get there. Also for that far away I'd have to take several days off and enjoy the area. Keep me posted.

ezheimers

Jan 2, 2011
Left Coast
January is almost past - How are you coming along with this Tonasket project for Motorbicycles? I'd plan on showing... Race? Rally? Whatever............ -EZ

shoggoth80

Jan 30, 2011
Seattle
I'm on the western side of the state, but depending on how soon I can get my build together, and how dependable it turns out, I might be interested if an even happens. Advance notice is important though, as I would have to factor in travel time.