San Diego's 3rd Group Ride

GoldenMotor.com

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Look like I'll miss the beginnng of the ride; British Car Day @ Liberty Station begins at 9 am. on the 3rd! :-|| Anyway, keep me posted as to the planned lunch stop location. And, just maybe, I can "break-away" and meet-up there. usflg

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Look like I'll miss the beginnng of the ride; British Car Day @ Liberty Station begins at 9 am. on the 3rd! :-|| Anyway, keep me posted as to the planned lunch stop location. And, just maybe, I can "break-away" and meet-up there. usflg
British Car Day....you from jolly old England? Can't you just TIVO or record the event.....we're goin' on a ride for heaven sakes?!?!

Well if ya must, we'll understand. Just give us a call if and when you can break free as we'll probably do some extra miles. We could meet at that pizza place at the roller coaster round noon or 1pm-ish. You do have our cel #'s, right?

Hope to see ya there.....cheers,

scotto-

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Sounds like a good time. Will be cool to see all of you again. Luckliy I dont start work that night till 11pm. Plenty of time. Need to go to REI for some bottles to hold extra fuel. Planning on going the distance this time. see you guys then.zpt.we.r.ly..flg.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
ALRIGHT! Tony's buying beers again! I Love you man...

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
OK then, I've modified my schedule and will be at the starting location by 10 a.m., Oct 3rd; don't want to miss any of the action. Looking forwarding to another "adventure" on 2 wheels. dance1

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Wake-up San Diego......it's time too RIDE!!! Come on you lame cub scouts, dust off yer iron ponies and join the fun today....32+ miles of fun and adventure, it's gonna be a most primo day of fun in the Sun, as it usually is, down in the Southern most, left-hand coast. Git on yer bikes n' ride! See you at 10am right next to Sea World's parking lot, the street that's next to the boat launch....we'll be parting at 10:30am sharp, don't miss out! The map is above post #1...be there.

dance1brnot.wee.dnut.shft.

Last edited:

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Re: San Diego's 3rd Group Ride pics

Thanks for the pics Tony and thanks for coming.

Yes, was a good turnout. Long ride...lots of breakdowns...some temporary...some serious...nobody hurt...everyone had fun...found lots of excellent trails I never knew existed.

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
:-||Started out great for me, but on Fiesta Island I started hearing a new noise and noticed a slight loss of power, then on Santa Fe I motored to the lead bike breifly until...... I lost compression and had to pull off. Changed my base gasket and head gasket, but the problem was a hole that burned through my cylinder body next to the intake mainifold. The route was turning out to be great but couldn't finish. Maybe if everyone else dont mind lets do the same route again soon? Luckly I have a extra clyinder body, and hope to have running later today, (Rain?).... Jimmy from Lazy Joes, had mentioned something about October fest this sunday in OB. Think I might cruise to that, until the next ride my good budies!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well then....that was some kinda fun ride....especially the last 10-15miles! We could do that route again with some small variation if all don't mind.....an even 40 miler. I was at 50mi. by the time I rode home, had nearly half a tank of gas left.

Took a few pics before we got started and then....you know, too busy ridin and taken head counts...