Good place for group ride in Houston?

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I see new members in the Houston area every week. My community has plenty of 35mph speed limit streets, but it is in Katy, so it's not convenient for most of you.
We also have a member on Galveston Island, but that is also a drive for many of us.
I took the bus down Memorial drive last week and it looked dangerous for motorbikes in places.
Parts of Main Street are nice and seldom traveled because of the train.
Any ideas for a good group ride spot inside or near the 610?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I'm thinkin' start at Hermann Park. Take Main Street south through the Medical Center. Get turned around somewhere like Smith Lands and take Main Street back to Hermann Park.
I thought about going to Reliant Stadium, but I think the speed limit is over 35mph there.

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
I just got my bike completed last week and have been using it as a daily commuter everyday since. I just got most of the kinks worked out and managed to pass a couple busses downtown this morning. I live in Montrose and work downtown, I plan on riding up to the heights this weekend. Memorial you would need to take some back roads to get to the 35 mph areas, but the park would be neat. Herman park would be really cool and would love to try that. We should definately set something up. Holler at me

Kelly .shft.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Great. I'm going to the bike festival on Galveston this weekend (Non-motorized event). I want to drive the complete Hermann route to make sure we are on suitable roads before we get the motorbikes on it.