First build, Update

GoldenMotor.com

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
Hey there.
After many...many failures with chain tension and alignment, I finally got to ride...

It is fantastic!

speedometer says I went 10 miles round trip, and dance1dance1topped out at 40 mph! Not sure how accurate that thing is though.
Can that be right?? I have the bigger shy hawk (80cc) and Jims 36 tooth drive sprocket and 50lbs of air in tires. (sidewall says 65 max pressure)

It doesn't feel fast, but it vibrates like ****! Couldn't feel my ass after 5 mi.

Normal for a stretch ????

dance1

Attachments

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines
Mr D, though I haven't tried riding other MB's, my stretch vibrates like **** at about 30Kph that's right, kilometers..So if you're doing 40Miles per hour, I would guess that bike would really shake up....I hope you're using a helmet at that speed sir..ride safe!

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
well turned out I had an air leak. Thanks norman for tip on how to find it. sealed it up and lost some mph. top about 3o now. Once that was fixed vibration relaxed a lot! Got another 60 miles of great riding, them front mount broke. A24 broke where I had drilled though it. Have yet to fix, so it sit this week till I get a chance to, and yup.... I wear a helmet.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Mr D,
Nice looking ride!! Darn, must have 30 feet of chain on that thing!! Keep up the good work

Mac

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
Those A24's are mending plates for wood construction and that thin metal simply isn't up to the stresses of mechanical use. You really need to find a more substantial piece of metal for your motor mount. Heavier guage steel will also greatly reduce vibration. You could use the A24 to mock-up your mount and then take it to a metal fabricator and have them bend you up something in a more appropriate thickness.

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
Yes coastal, you are totally correct. I broke the front one in two places. The rears are fine. Plan to do exactly that. If I can Ill make my own. Thanks for the tip