American Made Version of our Lil' HT BICYCLE ENGINE ANYBODY?

GoldenMotor.com

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
OK, I've been waitin'.
Is any one working on one? Or is the fright of 2 stroke death preventing it. Surely with the upcoming gas prices after the election, the market will spike for demand.

Any takers?

Robert
Mark me down as the 1st to sign up for distributorship for these. Made in the USA.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Re: American Made Version of our Lil' HT ANYBODY?

I have heard rumors that there is a group who will be making these little engines in Puerto Rico, but it is only a rumor and I have yet to confirm it. So don't get too excited, it could be all talk.

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson

tucson is such a small town.

ill build you a motor with reeds that will scare you

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast

I want someone to make a gearless bottom end for a Honda XR75 top end. There's tons of old XRs laying around! Actually the whole engine would make a good drop in for a bicycle. 5 speed n all.

metalliatic

Mar 14, 2010
Louisville Ky

[/QUOTE]ill build you a motor with reeds that will scare you[/QUOTE]

what do you mean 'scare you'?

jauguston

May 1, 2010
Bellingham, WA

Try to build one to sell here and the government agencies will break you before you get started. Sad to say but true.

Jim

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI

remember it is a "Kit". different regulations pertain to a Kit vs a finished product. Granted both are under some form of emission regulation and other provisions, but if there is a true market, for an american made engine, and a reasonable production of... let's say.... 500 or so within 60-90 days, with reliability tests to absorb a 30-90 day warranty, who wouldn't think seriously about looking at it and offering angel funding and proper legal ramp up and manufacturing start-up.

Now let's see how many of ya are seriously scratchin yer heads eh?

P.S. Foureasy, I sincerely believe you can make one. Can ya make a reliable "bunch". Really. Somehow I think you probably can.

Crack out the casting dies, fire up the 3-phase mill...Lets go.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

I am working on it! 100% made in the U.S.A. Should have prototype on the road within 30 days if all goes well. 4 smoke ASAP but a ways back on the list

Is funny, local Ace HW store manager asks me every day how this project is going. Looks disappointed when I go in an' buy stuff for other works. (he always asks what, what ever is for) He has no interest in MBs. Just likes the thought of an American made any thing especially grass roots, home spun sort of thing.

Will start a thread when I get closer but any thoughts, suggestions or any thing, I am all ears an' on a mission.
(I have nothing against the Chinese producers. They serve us well and really do produce what we ask for and buy. Just want to offer/have an American made choice)

.flg.

jauguston

May 1, 2010
Bellingham, WA

What do you think it cost to get the EPA emissions certificate on the side of my Grubee Sky Hawk. I bet it wasn't cheap. What do you think it cost to get the muffler with catalytic converter designed , built and certified. Again I bet not cheap. All that little stuff has to be considered even though it is BS.

Jim

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi

Certification for "off road only use" (basically the same certification as a chainsaw or a weed eater) is a whole lot easier to get then a cert for on road use.

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson

@alajoyn
everything i build is one at a time, and have no interest in mass producing anything. feel free to pm me if you want something that will scare you.
@metalliatic
8 hp on a 56lb bike will scare you

metalliatic

Mar 14, 2010
Louisville Ky

@alajoyn
everything i build is one at a time, and have no interest in mass producing anything. feel free to pm me if you want something that will scare you.
@metalliatic
8 hp on a 56lb bike will scare you
do you mean with a china 2 stroke or with a $700-$1000 moroni. the thing i like about these bikes are they are cheap to get in and cheap to hot rod later. i cant see paying 700 or 1000 for a motor and 500 for a bike. if i wanted to do that i could buy a 250cc 2 stroke street legal dirt bike that will do 90mph, 0-60 in a few seconds, and pull up a steap hill with no problems. i want a bike that will scare me but i dont want to pay real motorcycle price for it.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

do you mean with a china 2 stroke or with a $700-$1000 moroni. the thing i like about these bikes are they are cheap to get in and cheap to hot rod later. i cant see paying 700 or 1000 for a motor and 500 for a bike. if i wanted to do that i could buy a 250cc 2 stroke street legal dirt bike that will do 90mph, 0-60 in a few seconds, and pull up a steap hill with no problems. i want a bike that will scare me but i dont want to pay real motorcycle price for it.
Yeah, some real motorcycle prices these days are pretty scary. Me, I've worked in law enforcement for a couple decades. I no longer enjoy being scared. I just need a cheap ride to work.

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut

Where's that thread someone came up with showing the HT on that wierd looking plow thing? It could be American made as long as it was meant for something like that, right?

Just because it happens to be a perfect bolt on replacement ;), does that make it illegal?

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson

@metalliatic
$700-1000 china 2 stroke is what i mean, actually.