Looking for a new frame

GoldenMotor.com

Brent436

Feb 14, 2010
Massachusetts
Hey guys,

Right now im running a mountain bike with regular old brakes and no suspension with a 48cc Grubee Skyhawk. I've got a jackshaft kit coming in that I'm putting on as soon as it arrives. I'm looking for a fairly cheap ($250 or under) 26" mountain bike with either front suspension or full suspension that would fit my motor and shifter kit. It also has to have disc brakes. If you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Brent

slowenuff

May 5, 2010
baltimore,maryland
Hey guys,

Right now im running a mountain bike with regular old brakes and no suspension with a 48cc Grubee Skyhawk. I've got a jackshaft kit coming in that I'm putting on as soon as it arrives. I'm looking for a fairly cheap ($250 or under) 26" mountain bike with either front suspension or full suspension that would fit my motor and shifter kit. It also has to have disc brakes. If you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Brent
you must have a bicycle coop in your area.....they're non profits that accept bicycle donations to resell as is, fixed up, really just about any iteration.....alot of interesting machines get donated and resale is pennies on the dollar.....if you really want full suspension AND disc brakes for 250, and you want something good, it'll of course be used....post on craigslist in bikes and ask your local c'list community what someone has laying around.....and drop in to all your local bike shops and put the word out.....better do some research before you lay out your cash so you know what's what....frt suspensions are either pretty well machined to hold pressure w/ oil or air....OR, it's a pipe w/ a spring.....you'll want to know the condition of the headset as well as if it needs to be replaced, they can be 100 bucks.....better suspension front end usually have a proprietery or unique configuration as the headtube is always oversized..... google suspension bike reviews for an indication of what might be out there. enjoy your search..... charlie in baltimore PS: many if not most full suspension bikes are aluminum and tubeing is oversized....so consider fatigue issues as well as mounting difficulties.....

Last edited:

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Brent436, Slowenuff could not have said it better. As far as disk brakes go? I rode a friends bike the other day with disk brakes and I thought my side pull Mt Bike brakes worked better. Maybe it was just his bike.