New Build,W.C.C Chopper

GoldenMotor.com

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Heres some pics of my new build so far,I'm waiting on my tank to dry,and going to put on the chain,clutch,throttle,tonite,so I"ll have more pics then.I apologize for the dremel dust on the engine in pic 3 forgot to wipe it off.also I going to shave off the bottom bolts to my home made engine mount.

Attachments

Last edited:

tbone13

Feb 10, 2010
miami
how did u do your build on that im doin wcc bike im having problems can u plz give a step by step post on what u did tha
nks

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Tbone the main problem your going to encounter is mounting the engine,theres a couple ways to go,first and easiest is to buy a schwinn stingray engine mount,which you can find at boygofast,or a seller by the name of Barry on ebay,the engine mount bolts to the bottom of the frame and its offset so it makes the chain clear the wide tire.I myself made my own engine mount with scraps i had laying around the house,heres the things i use to make it,1 thick steel L bracket,which I bent take some of the L out of it,then I used some old handle bars,which I heated up and bent so that would look kinda like a V then I cut them to size. next I drilled 2 holes through the V shaped handle bar piece and through the L bracket then through the bike frame,so that the the handle bar piece and L bracket and bike or all bolted together.next I used a couple u clamps to go around the frame and engine mount to make it more sturdy.I highly recomend you buy the engine mount in stead of making it,unless you are pretty craftey.I posted another pic to better show you what my engine bracket looks like,hope this helps,If this is your first build,you picked a hard one for it.A regular 26' mountain bike would be alot easier as a first time build.Randy

Attachments

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Tbone what type of problems are you having? I try to help the best I can.Also you can post a thread in the general discussion forum about help with a W.C.C Chopper,theirs a lot of guys heres that will gladly help.Theirs tons of smart people here that helped me countless times.

tbone13

Feb 10, 2010
miami
im having trouble with the chain rubbing on tire or frame the company where i bought the motor from told me to offset the motor an inch of center but then how do i attach the engine mount????

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Tbone,have you made a motor mount for your chopper? Or have you bought a chopper motor mount.If you make your own mount you need to make sure the mount extends atleast 1 inch off the left side,I made a mount using a thick steel L bracket which is 5 inches wide.It gave me plenty of room to offset motor.I highly recomend you buy a occ motor mount,it may be a little exspensive,buy WELL WORTH IT,heres a link to were you can buy one.Note this choppers are realy hard to build,I've built 4 other MB's but the chopper gave me the most problems.Dont give up,take your time,youll get it.Randy
Heres the link for the motor mount....
Motorized Schwinn OCC Chopper Bicycle MOTOR KIT MOUNT - eBay (item 280466883670 end time Feb-24-10 20:33:36 PST)

Rcoburn14

Jun 23, 2020
What did you use for rear wheel and sprocket, and sprocket adapter..?? Would i be able to use the 44t sprocket that comes with the kit, 9 bolt hole pattern on the original 20inx 3in 72spoke rear wcc bike wheel....??