Anybody from Austin, Texas?

GoldenMotor.com

caincustomcycles

Jan 23, 2010
Austin
Hoped it is ok for me to make a post to ask anyone who is from Austin, Texas. The reason for me to ask is that Today, I went out for the hunt to find another frame. I spotted motorized bicycle on manacha and lamar. I am new to Austin from Sweden, Europe. So, I stopped by and take a look at them. I asked someone in the store who can help me to see how much they sell for,... One man with real heavy alcohol breahe showed me that one of bike is newest is 795 dollars and rest of them ate used which they are clear dirty are 695 dollars. I told myself, a hundred dollars for new engine and 200 dollars for the bicycle which would be 350 dollars that I can fix it myself. He also told me that he can install engine for 350 dollars. I want to know if the prices are reasonable or,... I think it is pricey with bad looks. The store is sort of a real mess and very dirty. I asked myself will people sure buy them for general 600 to 800 dollars with rip off looks,... I am terrible sorry to say this but to be honest. Any another than this store in Austin, Texas? Thanks...drn2

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I recently moved to Houston from AZ. I will be in Austin for the Tour de Fat with my fleet of beach cruisers. Octoberish?

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
Hi, I live in Austin and I don't know of any stores that carry motorized bikes. My friends and I have all built them on our own. I recently had a bike stolen from me. It was a red and white Schwin Legacy. I hope that wasn't one of the used bike that guy had for sale! :(

caincustomcycles

Jan 23, 2010
Austin
I only know two stores that sell are on South Lamar and Manacha and the north part is 183 and north lamar. I never go there except south part of Austin. I am terrible sorry to know about stolen. I saw one post on craigslist.com motorized bicycle stolen it is flat matte black one but your are red and white. I believed it is a beach crusier bicycle with red and white with silver rack,... The engine's chain's sprocket already connected to the bicycle's hub thru drill the holes and get the bolt and nuts to get it hook. It is not with the rubber stuff to hold the wires (spokes) Hoped this help,... by the way, do you have people who get together and ride on MB? curious... which pub (bar) that people hang around that has motorized bicycle. I would like to meet people. Thanks for it.brnot

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
I only know two stores that sell are on South Lamar and Manacha and the north part is 183 and north lamar. I never go there except south part of Austin. I am terrible sorry to know about stolen. I saw one post on craigslist.com motorized bicycle stolen it is flat matte black one but your are red and white. I believed it is a beach crusier bicycle with red and white with silver rack,... The engine's chain's sprocket already connected to the bicycle's hub thru drill the holes and get the bolt and nuts to get it hook. It is not with the rubber stuff to hold the wires (spokes) Hoped this help,... by the way, do you have people who get together and ride on MB? curious... which pub (bar) that people hang around that has motorized bicycle. I would like to meet people. Thanks for it.brnot
I have heard about the 183/N.Lamar place, but when I called he still wasn't set up yet. My stolen bike had the Upgraded carb (CNS) and a 36 tooth rear sprocket. It also had a slant head Grubee w/ the sick bike parts engine mount. (i painted the head park white). I also added the sick bike parts expansion chamber and had an up graded spark plug and wire. I really had that thing dialed in and for a motorized bike, it had some real get up and go! Oh well. I put together another one (same type of bike) so life goes on.
I really want to get a group ride up and going in Ausin. As of now, I know of maybe 5 or 6 people that we could get. There is a guy StreetAssasin? that post on here sometimes from Austin. Motorized bikes are becoming way more popular and I am seeing them more and more around town. There really isn't a local hang out for them that I know of yet, but have seen some parked outside of The Side Bar and Creekside on 7th street.

caincustomcycles

Jan 23, 2010
Austin
have you check to see if it is yours,...? the owner should be aware about steal situation such as pawn shop that I am watching on tv show. I learned from it as I thank to USA's tv show and so is an internet too. guess, i got to install GPS inside my bike that I can track the theif. I will do it when it s complete. lock never solve. I will get to pass around Austin as I will pass you too!

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
have you check to see if it is yours,...? the owner should be aware about steal situation such as pawn shop that I am watching on tv show. I learned from it as I thank to USA's tv show and so is an internet too. guess, i got to install GPS inside my bike that I can track the theif. I will do it when it s complete. lock never solve. I will get to pass around Austin as I will pass you too!
I have been looking on Craig's list and I have not seen my bike there. The GPS sounds like it would be a good idea :)

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Cain - Tour de Fat is a bicycle festival sponsored by New Belgium beer.
I have been to the Tour de Fat in Tempe, AZ a few times. People ride their beach cruisers in a parade, drink New Belgium beers and listen to some bands. Not a bad way to spend a nice October afternoon.
Motorized bikes, even electric powered, have not been welcome.
Just borrow a chum's beach cruiser and have fun.
The 2010 tour de fat schedule has not yet been posted.
It was October 17th last year in Austin. Here's the link.
Bikes | New Belgium