how can i make this light brighter?

GoldenMotor.com

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
i have one of these Motorized Bicycles Gas Bike Engines Gas Powered Bikes Motorized Bicycle Parts except just front light and no generator, powered off two AA batteries. i had it for a while and the light wasn't that bright, and then the mount snapped so i replaced it with a regular bicycle light. i really like the look of this light though, and im willing to make a stronger mount for it if i could get it to shine brighter. i have a SLA 6v 4ah rechargeable battery that i want to use for this. will the bulbs handle 6v? is a 6v light even bright enough for a headlight?

also does anyone have experience with this combined throttle and dual brake lever Motorized Bicycles Gas Bike Engines Gas Powered Bikes Motorized Bicycle Parts

is it just me or is the lever made of plastic?

Last edited:

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Just find a bulb with the same base with the highest wattage for a 6v you can find. A bulb made for 3 volts will not last long with 6. Radio Shack sells numerous bulbs of many voltages- and wattages with the same base. Wattage is more a rough estimate of brightness- volts is not.

I have that thottle- brake handle. It's all aluminum except the handgrip itself.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
i have one of these Motorized Bicycles Gas Bike Engines Gas Powered Bikes Motorized Bicycle Parts except just front light and no generator, powered off two AA batteries. i had it for a while and the light wasn't that bright, and then the mount snapped so i replaced it with a regular bicycle light. i really like the look of this light though, and im willing to make a stronger mount for it if i could get it to shine brighter. i have a SLA 6v 4ah rechargeable battery that i want to use for this. will the bulbs handle 6v? is a 6v light even bright enough for a headlight?

also does anyone have experience with this combined throttle and dual brake lever Motorized Bicycles Gas Bike Engines Gas Powered Bikes Motorized Bicycle Parts

is it just me or is the lever made of plastic?
6v should work, though I would run a fuse (15-20amp) between the battery and the light. I made a post in the chopshop section of this forum about my light project. I am using 2 6v lantern batteries in series (which makes it a 12v system) to power a pair of fog lights and a trailer taillight on my bike. I prefer to use a 12v system because it gives me more options. A 6v battery can run a 12v light but it will be dimmer.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Here's what I did,

Buy High Brightness 3W 80 lm White Lumen LED, 1 pcs - eBay (item 250494697618 end time Oct-06-09 20:27:32 PDT)

3W LED Driver for Luxeon White Green Blue - eBay (item 250388393355 end time Oct-08-09 04:21:36 PDT)

and

15 Degree Lens for Lux LEDs ,5pcs---White - eBay (item 230335027423 end time Oct-29-09 17:52:30 PDT)

Cut the reflector in the headlight so the LED lens fits and glue into place w/ epoxy. Mount the LED to the reflector and wire to the driver circuit, wire the driver to the switch in the headlight and connect headlight to your battery.

I love mine.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Let me put it to you this way, you don't want to look at the light directly and I can light up street signs from a block away.