ever visit the scrapyard?

GoldenMotor.com

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
i picked up 4lbs of titanium screws (1/4 20) and 3/16 rod for just under 12 bucks. i try to walk through the local scrapyard once a week. most scrapyards will sell metal by the pound. you will always walk away with something.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Yep, both to sell when my pile gets too big (or when scrap steel hits above $60 per ton) and to buy when I need something.
There's a metal fab/welding shop just up the road and they want crazy prices for their scrap steel! Last time I was there I needed some pieces of 1/8" plate and they hit me up for $1.75 per lb.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Scrap yards, if they'll let you wonder around in them, are almost as much fun as auto salvage yards, (junk yards) Even better, for us, is a motorcycle junk yard. Man, the things you see. Unfortunately the one I go to thinks all their parts are made of gold. $10.00 for a gas cap from an old Yamaha...I don't think so.
Tom

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
Scrap yards, if they'll let you wonder around in them, are almost as much fun as auto salvage yards, (junk yards) Even better, for us, is a motorcycle junk yard. Man, the things you see. Unfortunately the one I go to thinks all their parts are made of gold. $10.00 for a gas cap from an old Yamaha...I don't think so.
Tom
HEY NICE RIDE IN YOUR AVATAR !!brnot