Video Of Cop Threatening To Write Me Tickets

GoldenMotor.com

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
But DID he actually write a ticket?
Nope he just threatened me. My neighbors called the cops on me the next day for riding my bike and this time I had all the laws printed out on a piece of paper.

The cop on day 2 was much cooler than this guy, this cop was not nice to me at all and I did absolutely nothing wrong except for being angry.

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
In these times, if you are angry towards them, a cop can use "agressive force" against you.
All they have to say is they felt like thier health and safety were at risk. And it is your word against theirs. Your video camera was a very good thing. He could have confiscated your camera and tape though.
Around my neighborhood a cop can write you a ticket for calling them any number of "colorful" words.
Apparently it is illegal to slander or curse at a cop, wether on duty or off.
Most of the time they won't do it due to the paperwork involved.
What ever happened to "serve and protect"?
'Nuff said, rant over....

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I unno bout that whole "serve and protect" crap... I have noticed more and more states are pulling that off their cars.

mebbe they finally noticed the hypocrisy?

Glad you didn't end up with any tickets man, even if they're unwarranted - they're still a pain to fight.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Not a lot of us can take being cursed and abused on a daily basis and remain cool. Even cops have a bad day sometimes and make bad decision. i think it is because they recruit from the human race. Maybe it is time for robo cop.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Not a lot of us can take being cursed and abused on a daily basis and remain cool. Even cops have a bad day sometimes and make bad decision. i think it is because they recruit from the human race. Maybe it is time for robo cop.
Excepting of course being a police officer - their "bad decision" could in fact not just ruin someone's day, but destroy their lives. They accepted the consequences and the responsibility when they signed up, they knew damn well how people view cops - there are no excuses.

If ya can't handle the job - quit.

I worked for years in human services, it was part of my daily routine to have chairs and other various objects thrown at me in a hail of accompanying obscenities. I never once lost it on a client, I never once "lost my cool". When I felt I could no longer perform my duties objectively (mostly the administration was responsible for this), I retired and moved on to a less stressful occupation.

I think many police officers loose sight of just how profound an impact they have on the populace and as such, feel powerless and lash out - using any opportunity to assert themselves, to reaffirm (at least to themselves) the power, the control they wield over others.

This petty resentment is NO excuse.

Last edited:

mekano

Nov 4, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Hope they don't see your video... And or that you are impossible to trace if they do... I've heard about ppl getting in trouble for putting up vids like that.
That cop is a jerk btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
"COPS, filmed live at a location near you."
If you have a signed consent of release from the people in the video, you can post the video no problem. Anything else can be grounds for a lawsuit. News media seem to be excluded though......

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
The best thing to do when a cop stops you is be reasonable, don't become defensive or act annoyed. If they detect your angry then you are setting yourself up for any number of tickets. Remember it's there word against yours, and in court the judge will 90% of the time, be on the cops side. It's best not to confront the cop or you can wind up with more, not less red tape.

Last edited:

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
Because of my age and white hair (the red colour in the avator picture is gone!) I can plead that i am an old man using the bike to save on gas and talk like a crazy professor who is testing my latest invention and begin to show him the pedals- stress the pedals( i only use the engine on very rare occasions but today im on the way to the hospital for a lung transplant LOL)

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Nope he just threatened me. My neighbors called the cops on me the next day for riding my bike and this time I had all the laws printed out on a piece of paper.

The cop on day 2 was much cooler than this guy, this cop was not nice to me at all and I did absolutely nothing wrong except for being angry.
Your neigbours called the cops??? for ridding your bike??? Boy, and I thought it was the Canadians that were the comies.

ride65

Jan 9, 2009
connecticut
Looks like the cop has an itchy trigger finger. He puts his hand on his gun and holster snap. The other must be on the taser so he can taser your . It's not like it was a dimly lit street corner. It looked like it was a great day. What a drag.

Last edited by a moderator: