Laconia Bike Week Invasion

GoldenMotor.com

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
After all MB's gave birth to MC's, so why not?

I figure all we need to do is figure out a time and place to meet. Parking will be at a premium close. There's a park n ride 11 mi away from Laconia and about the same from Weirs Beach. We could ride it? P22 on this map NH Rideshare - Park and Ride Locations I live very close to P21.

I could go on scouting mission, I only live 25 miles away. But I need to fix my bike 1st. Yep I broke it LOL after only 30mi. I think I sheared the wood ruff key.

I'm totally open to suggestions and help.

r.ly.

Last edited:

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
its good to see some other people are riding new hampshire! i live in chichester (15 min east of concord). is it just us or are there others? i've never seen anyone else motorized bicycle riding.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
mechanickid--Lived in NH for 12 years went through Chichester every day.Lived in Concord. Then moved up to Boscowen.Then North Conway.
My son lives in Deering.
Miss it a lot.Had to come back to Canada due to the family but be would back in a second if I could.
Anybody who hasn't be to bike week is missing the trip of a life time.
Steve.

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
Its a good place to be. I'm 16 and i dont make long trips on this thing due to my parents concerns, but it sounds like a good time. i dont particularly like the laconia biker crowd though.

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
HseLoMein is in! Do you you have a specific day & time you are free?It maybe to early to try and get consensus.

mechanickid is out? i guess

fasteddy?

I lived in bike town from age 10 - 23. Most biker's are teddy bears IMO.

DAX offered me a new and I'm taking him up on it. Waiting on a call back.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
mechanickid--Your parents are right.I lived in a different era when you left at 8am and had to be back home when the street lights came on.
Have you asked if you can hook up with the other MB riders since they are older?Maybe if you want to travel with them they might be able to contact your folks.
Don't let the bikers bother you.I was one and they are fun to hang around with if your a kid.We used to come down to the old Laconia run before the track took it over.
There was always someone younger who wanted to now about bikes and get opinions about how to do thiersThe only time it wasn't good to be around was when we met a rival gang.
Ride free and hard, cause when your old all you will have left is the memories.
Steve.

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
If i knew some other MBers then that might be an option, but as of yet there aren't any in my area that i know of.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
mechanickid--I was thinking ozzyu812 and HseLoMein.The group may grow as time goes on.
Someone asked how I got "fasteddy".When I was 18 I had a hopped up Ford flat head in a 53 ford.Cop caught me drag racing and when he got up to the window he looked in and said "well it's fast eddy" and the nick name stuck.
As you said"It's only to fast if you can't hold on".Go out and live it just a little!
Steve.

HseLoMein

Oct 30, 2008
Boston, MA
I am planning to be up there the last weekend June 19-21. I need to finaliaze the date with my buddy who will be up there. I will keep you all up to date.usflg