help the deacon...

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I am going to start giving stars to those who help me with questions. Of course this is a red star question the least rewarded. I should know this but I don't.

On the latest midget franken bike I built the chain seems to slip once in a while for no reason. Now I know the chain isn't slipping the freewheel must be doing it. So anybody got any ideas how to stop that. I might want to use this bike for more experiments soon. I have other wheels by the way, it there is not an easy fix I will just swap out the wheel.

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
There are times that the cold weather makes it so that I can't peddle at all. The bike gets stuck in freewheel mode. You may not be dealing with that but maybe some well placed wd-40 may spray the dirt and stuff away from the little fingers. Sometimes lifting the bike up and letting it drop clears things up for my problem. Are the gears working OK, it could just be trying to switch gears and can't quite get to it due to adjustment.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Deacon is this bike a single speed or a 10 speed? most multispeed bike have 2 small fingers held in with a round wire clip or thingamagigs that engage to power the rear wheel they might be sticking and that will account for the slipping. heck I don't know that those parts are called so I had to get western with the words can I have a blue star?laff. single speed last time I took one apart I was 10 or 11 so you can take the star away I don't know much about them.
Norman

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I thought i mentioned it's a coaster wheel I see now that I didn't sorry guys. You know me the 20" kids coaster rear wheel is about all that I build with these days. They tell me to never never go into one of those things.