dual disc front wheel

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
i bought some from ebay after searching recumbent right hand disc brake in the uk ebay. This is finally happening!!!
Congrats! Sounds perfect! My problem has always been brake fade. When hotroding. When I find the right length stance Down Hill fork. I will be on it! Been needing to do this for a while now...:p

I goes faster than 10mph. Most of the time.:D

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Be a little curious about what material the recombant pad/shoes are made from? From what I could tell ceramic is a great choice in automotive.

Guessing some folks might not know everthing that is going on during said faid? When heat gets translated into hot gas's coming off the brake pads fade occures. From what I have come to learn is ceramic does good in this arena.

I like a brake that can transmit back to my hand the modulation of the road. If the brake is too strong and you grab a hand full unknowing my brakes will supprise anybody then.

What do I get from this? Well untill the fade comes I know exactly what I am doing. Can feel it and the way the whole machine is responding. Sometimes I actually pump the brakes. Think bad road and a very rare freak panic stop..

When I start out with a brake that feels very responsive. Even too resonsive to a degree. Can already generally guess from experiance where this said fade can a will began.

On a brake too weak this said feel to me is nonexistant..

Just apart of knowing ones machine how they ride and what there style of riding is shrug. Everybody is gonna have there own answer lol. I wish bikes could be and feel to a degree more like my car. Bicycles are differant in everyway. lol

Both of mine work great! I just wish I was more heavy duty on my front brakes right now. Glade sombody is getting a nice duel set!!

Last edited:

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
right now i have nothing on the back but im leaving space open for a 160 maybe a 140 disk on the back with the disc biscuit sprocket adapter from jake bikes.
I really have never run rear brakes except on my bmx bikes and i dont like how easy it is to lock the back tire and skid out.

chances are my rear wheel will hop up anyway and i wont get to use much rear brake.
because of how ive grown accustom to riding and knowing that im not going ot be doing any wheelies i dont really even think about rear brakes.

Im focusing on my front brakes now because since upgrading to 24" wheel and 160 disc im only getting v brake performance out of my brakes. But i am getting that same performance in the wet or dry so that is the only performance difference im seeing. Oh, and my v brakes had the tendency to heat my rim up and melt/pop my tires if i braked super hard or for a really long time.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
You should run a rear brake IMHO. As it shares some of the load of the front. Over the years I have become acustom to using both. It is a givin that the front brakes do 80% of the work I want my other 20% too!

HackD

Oct 25, 2014
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Sweet.
I think it's more 70/30 or even 60/40 on an MB but whatever.

The larger discs and calipers the customer sent me to built the Surly are hydraulic at the oversized dual pad caliper but cable accurate so I could use a dual pull brake lever.

One brake lever (the SBP self-adjuster) and that thing stops on a nickel.

The dual disc electric Fat Tire I have here is 1 lever 2 disc as well but all cable and pitifully small discs, gonna throw a big disc on front and that ought to do it as well because n omatter how ya spin it, a disc on back helps.

Again, what do you have on the back Hack?
Ohh, and why is the disc you show mounted on your bike a different color bike?
Current rear brake is a 160mm rear. Being down-graded due to mechanical/kit needs/build limitations.

Front of the bike feathers from all black to the electric blue of the remainder of the frame.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Current rear brake is a 160mm rear. Being down-graded due to mechanical/kit needs/build limitations.

Front of the bike feathers from all black to the electric blue of the remainder of the frame.

Ahh, cool paint job!
Sounds like you have things well in hand.