ok now what?

GoldenMotor.com

hcrft

Jan 4, 2013
NORTH CAROLINA
I finally got this build done. Client wants to pick up monday.
66cc, ported cylinder and decked piston
dellorto/sha clone carb running a .68 jet at 685ft. altitude
performance CDI and coil
tuned exhaust
On my second day of running under 15 mph, for no more than 30min on 20:1
When she idles its not quite a smooth tone. There is a high frequency popping/sputtering punctuating the regular idling.
When she accelerates the popping speeds up and becoms part of a not quite normal sound.
She also seems low on power. However, and on hills only, the rougher sound quits intermittently and every time it does the bike starts to accelerate smoothly. Unfortunately that is the exception and not the rule.
How should I proceed with troubleshoot?

PLEASE HELP

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Check you cylinder head nuts and re torque if necessary. Check your carb to manifold and make sure it's tight and not sucking in air. Maybe a bad magneto?

Ride the bike till broken in and get back to us......

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The popping and weird sounds have always meant a head gasket problem with my chinagirls.
Every single time it happened it was the angle plug head so the shape of the chamber may be to blame. (The Fredhead does it too when you forget to torque the bolts in your excitement to go ride it)
Try running two base gaskets and see how it does, Base gaskets are a better way to reduce compression a tiny bit than two head gaskets as there is much less pressure on them and it helps port timing a tiny bit as well.