1000 mile tires?

GoldenMotor.com

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
Im starting a new phase with my builds and im noticing that the tires on all my 29" motorized bikes always end up flat. I need a tube that is strong enough to last 1000 miles of stop and go travel without any worry about a flat. Im considering tires as well.

I need 700c fitting 2.125×29"(roadbike thick) tires and tubes (different vendors fine so long as they are the best! (Edit: actual size 57-622)

let me know what the best places online to find tires and tubes is, please!

(Edit: tires found, read on for excellent info)

Last edited:

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
I think Schwalbe tires are your best bet. I'm using the Marathon Plus with smart guard on 26 in wheels. I think you can get 29ers. Probably the Double Defence Tires. Although, the sidewalls are pretty thin for the Marathon. I've been using these for 3 years and hardly wear down, until it blew on the side walls when a hit a nasty pothole going about 60 kph. Put it this way, I replaced my engine more than I replaced my tires. I'll be trying out Conti's Kaiser with 6ply 360 TPI rating. Almost like automobile tires, but they're Nobby's and used for downhill, and 2.5 in wide. So, I don't think you would opt for these. Either you get Schwalbe's or the Conti's puncture proof tires. These tires are a bit pricey, but who cares, i hate flats and blow outs. I was also using Michelin self healing tubes, but I guess a blew out was too much for these tubes. Hope this helps...

You can try Chain reaction Cycles or Wiggle for your online shopping. You can specify tire size in Chain Reaction which can easily narrow down your search. All the best to you, and hope you get your tires. I'll be getting mine too, also.

Try clicking on the link below:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/my/en/tyres?f=4294958068,4294957821,4294954610,4294954480

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Find a set of extra-thick thorn resistant tubes for whatever tire you choose. Combined with a tire liner, flats are a thing of the past. And if you DO manage to get something large stuck through it, they repair like any normal tube.
Tubeless is far too much hassle.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I was getting more flats then I can count. i have good schwalbe tires with double protection and did not help, about 400 miles ago i put in some mr tuffy liners and haven't had a flat on my motorized bicycle since

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
Well guys thanks for the advice. I went with schwalbe big apples (kevlar gaurd) +thorn resisistant tubes + a tire liner for the back tire.

All in all I spent 23$ each tire 15 each tube and 10 bucks for the liner.

I think it will be worth it in the end. The labor on replaced tubes was starting to cost more than the tubes were worth so I said to heck with it and bought the best tires I could find.

Ive heard multiple reports of the "k-gaurd" tires lasting well over 2k miles so I went with them. I know about racegaurd but I found several reviews online that said their new racegaurd tires did not last anywhere near as long as the kevlar gaurd.

Anyways I'm really happy. I'll post pics as soon as I find a camera.

Last edited:

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
A last note. If your gonna motorize a bicycle, save yourself a lot of trouble (hours of work) and start with good tires and puncture protection.