Worksmans HD wheels

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I concur that Worksman wheels are super strong.
I also concur that they are seriously over kill for our needs... Any good wheel with 12ga. spokes is plenty strong enough. ;)

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Hey, I got my steel Worksman front wheel with drum brake at a rally for $35. Call it overkill if you want to, but I'll never run anything else until this wheel is completely destroyed.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
This is an aluminum Worksman rim with a satin black anodized finish. Sportsman drum hub and split sprocket system. The split design allows simple gearing changes without rear wheel removal. Tires are Simplex and spokes are stainless steel.

Sportsman 200 #7 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Once you hit the speed limits of the very best down hill mountain bike tires or even the Simplex tires by Coker, the next step is motorcycle tires and wheels. These are aluminum 21" motorcycle rims with H speed rated tires. Rear hub is the Sportsman hub and split sprocket assembly. Front hub is a vintage motorcycle drum. These tires are over 3" wide and require custom forks and frames. If your getting nervous at speed these will put your nerves to rest.

Wheel Options by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Here are the 21" tires and wheels mounted to a custom frame and fork assembly. This bike will see over 80 mph and is one serious machine. If the engine blows we'll just pedal it home!

Bonneville Flyer #4 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
.shft.Wow, Thanks for the educational tutorial of your awesome bikes with Worksmans Wheels, & custom wheels on the Bonneville Fyler # 4 as well. I'll probably be purchusing a adapter& sprocket next paycheck. mean while a few weeks before anticipating my wheels.

Lowandslow

Jan 24, 2011
Mesa,AZ
Great info on the worksman wheels and tire options. I have looked at the Coker tires myself as the best option for tires/wheels for higher speeds.