proper seat adjustment

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i keep seeing a lot of peoples bikes with the nose of the seat pointed up. this is not a good thing the vibration and the pressures are not good for that part of your body. i used to race bicycles and mountain bikes and know of a lot of young people that went sterile from this. you want to take a level and put your seat as level as possible and then tip the nose down just a fraction. i have a good friend that is a doctor and has commented about the same thing. don't let this thread turn into comedy hour please. i know a lot of you are like me reading it thinking good comebacks. i know i sure would lol. but this really is serous

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
OK, but I'm having to slap my own hands.

I have been thinking about adapting some kind of boat type seat to my bike. Something well padded that doesn't even reach up into "that" area. I could sure use the back support. I think with my seat moved back a little I could still pedal ok..............

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Funny I was testing the last bike the red and chrome one and found it to be a lot more comfortable than some of the others that were level. Guess it was just my imagination.

I had planned on the 3 speed to drop the front end with a 24" wheel. It just looked awkward to me so I didn't. I should have done it to see how it rode. I might still since I'm not going to be using it much. It sounds like a good experiment for today.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I'm still tryin' to figure out how people ride their bikes with the beach cruiser handlebars pointed way up like they do.....seem like it would really be a pain in the wrists.

Also, on the seat height issue, make sure you distance allows for you leg to be nearly, but not completely straight when the pedal is all the way down. I know it will seem high when stopped, but it allows for the most power and most efficient use of your leg power.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
You guys ever see Benny Hill when he would go to get on a bicycle and the seat would fall off just as he sat down. That post has got to hurt. rotfl rotfl
I'll bet he jumped.
I like to modify my bike with those bike seat clamps that you can adjust by hand I leave the seat low but then if I'd have to pedal for real I can adjust the seat properly on the spot.(^)