tires for my new built

GoldenMotor.com

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
I plan on buying some tires for this Bike soon.(Sears spaceliner) Probably in the next couple of days. I got a new rim on the back from pirate cycles. Plan on buying a rim with a drum brake for the, but don't know when. This Is the Size tire Iam looking for 1¾ maybe 1.95. Iam going to be riding on the street mainly. There is lot of broken bottles, and other junk that can give flats. I like the Hookworm tires but they are too big, 2.5inches. But what I really like about them is they got thread all around the tire. But I got to find something else that smaller. Anybody got any ideas? Or what tire work for them? thanks Jose

Attachments

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
These are the brands I've been looking at Michelin, Maxxis, Schwalbe, and Continental. Iam also looking on spending $20-40 on each tire, with shipping. I saw this tire and it looks good. But I don't know about Continental, if it's really that strong.
I also had a different idea maybe put on a wider tire in the front. And a put a 1¾ tire in the back, but with a lot more thread. Since I got a coaster brake.

Attachments

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
I was thinking between these two tires. Maxxis Overdrive Hybrid 26¾ $21.66, Continental touring Plus Reflex City 1¾ $27.00 Does anybody know anything about these tires.
Well, yesterday afternoon I order the continental tires. One for the back and for the front.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
I have Conti Town & Country tires on mine and I'm pretty happy with them so far. When I rode a skinny tire bike a lot of miles I would use Conti's in the spring when all the junk that had accumulated over winter was on the shoulder because they flatted the least. I'd switch to a lighter Michelin later in the spring as the roads were swept. My understanding is that the German made Continentals are better than the commodity tires that have been produced elsewhere but I haven't noticed a difference. Perhaps an elite rider would but that's not me! I'm guessing your new tires will be really nice. Please give some feedback once you've had a chance to ride them a while.