Dyno frame- Suzuki K10 fork

GoldenMotor.com

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
I picked up a Dyno Glide frame, but the forks are bent. So I have been looking at fork options. One option I am interested in are these Suzuki K10 forks.

http://www.bmikarts.com/item/Fork-Assembly-with-34-Bore-300160-1440

For those that use them, can you tell me how they could be mounted in a frame that has a 1-1/8" threadless stem? And what about headtube height? Can the height of the upper tree be adjusted to suit a shorter frame headtube?

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
Well acording to the link the steere tube is 6.5" long and 1" diameter..
I would assume a shim would work for the 1 1/8 head tube but then u have to worry about the length of the steere tube... I've never used this fork so with that in mind... here it goes lol..
From what I read the length is fixed @ 6.5" and I dont think that it looks like it can be adjusted... but I'm no expert lol.. try giving them a call?!?

Good luck.xx.dnut

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Well acording to the link the steere tube is 6.5" long and 1" diameter..
I would assume a shim would work for the 1 1/8 head tube but then u have to worry about the length of the steere tube... I've never used this fork so with that in mind... here it goes lol..
From what I read the length is fixed @ 6.5" and I dont think that it looks like it can be adjusted... but I'm no expert lol.. try giving them a call?!?

Good luck.xx.dnut
A call is probably in order.

but hey for that price y not just try? do u have a compatable wheel for that fork already?
I do not have a wheel yet, as the donor bike didn't have a front wheel. And the wheel looks like one of the biggest hurdles, especially the front brake.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Aftermarket motorcycle forks can accept many head tube lengths. The Suzy fork on your link does not appear to be adjustable without some machine work. They sell triple tree forks for chopper bicycles on EBay and other sites that absolutely will accept many different head tube lengths, and they are lighter than a motorcycle fork.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
the k-10 are nice, strong and a deal. the downside is they are heavy. the lowers are steel. only the top TT is alloy. i'd say they weigh as much as the whole bike.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
the k-10 are nice, strong and a deal. the downside is they are heavy. the lowers are steel. only the top TT is alloy. i'd say they weigh as much as the whole bike.
Thanks for posting this. I had read elsewhere that the are heavy; didn't realize it was that much. I ended up getting a set of Nirve springers for a steal, so I'm thinking I will go heavy duty bicycle wheels on the springer.

Reactions: 5-7HEAVEN