Found some tires today

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
do you think a semi-slick rear and a knobby front would look to odd? that tire looks awesome, and I would definitely get it. guessing its what you would call a semi-slick or "street" tire, which is fine. the 24"s I have are knobby, though, so would that look weird? Im thinking probably not too much, but its good to get others' opinions.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Look weird? *shrug* Perhaps, but aesthetics are your call lol

However - while testing a build, I very recently ran a semislick rear tire w/a knobby in the front & I can tell ya this... running such mismatched tires leaves you with the worst of both worlds w/the knobby plowing turns on pavement & the slick slipping on grass & dirt etc. Ya jus' can't win.

I ran 'em for a few days while I waited for my new tires to arrive, I kept thinking I'd get used to the odd handling... but I never did. It's a really really weird ride and I don't recommend it if you've any choice.

I mean, obv it's not the end of the world or anything lol it's just freaky and I don't like "freaky" when it comes to traction & handling, partic in turns ;)

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Im thinking of running 26"s front and rear and just going with 3" wide tires for a sort of "bobber" look. always liked the fat tires on bobbers and btr's. might go with that instead. plenty of time to decide. next project is getting my new 50 led, 150 lumen headlight mounted. its a bada$$ light for $10 at Home Depot, and runs fine on the white wire.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I agree with the fat tired bobber look, I love the look of wide 24's on MBs I have seen, so I think 26x3's would look awesome.

I have been looking for an LED headlight for some time now, so I will be watching your project closely. Thinking it might be nice to transplant those LEDs into a vintage looking housing...

Good luck!

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Thanks. I will post pics once the headlight is mounted, but it might be a few days. heat index is supposed to be between 100 and 105 tomorrow. wife doesnt want me outside workin on the bike in this weather, and i dont think i want to either. but i promise to have pics posted as soon as its done. gonna snap one during the day for a clear shot of how its mounted, and one at night with it running. I already know how and where im gonna mount it, its just a matter of making the braket. I have some flat 1" wide aluminum stock to make a bracket out of. might try to get it done tomorrow if I can do most of the work in the house. we'll see what happens tomorrow.