new guy with pics #2

GoldenMotor.com

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
here's my most recent build. I actually built this bike about 3 years ago, but it started out as a lowrider with ape hangers. (it's actually a Bratz bike made to look like a schwinn)
in the past couple of weeks, i've changed it into a drag bike because I got tired of the lowrider look. There are alot of parts on this that i made and modified. I chopped 2 coils out of the front spring to lower the frontend.
added a set of chrome drag bars, chopped the seat post tube on the frame, and shortened the throttle and clutch cables. as for the bike itself, i chopped both fenders, painted the gas tank pearl white laquer and had my friend do some ivory and purple pinstiping on the tank. I added a schwinn headbadge, painted purple with polished lettering. I designed the chain guard decal, and a friend of mine in the vinyl decal making biz. whipped it up for me.
the speedometer is a headlight turned around backwards. I modified the mount so it would bolt to the neck. I made the moon gauge face, and i made the clear lens. Inside there's a digital schwinn speedometer that is fully functional.
The exhaust is a spooky tooth expansion chamber with a modified stock muffler welded to the end. I modified the baffle inside the muffler, and welded a chrome turnout to the end. I wrapped the whole exhaust with header heat wrap.
The engine on this bike is a china 49 c.c. 2 stroke, but if you look, there is no intake manifold. The carb is bolted directly to the cylinder (this is how the engine came and I don't think they make them like this any more.) this set up gave me the clearance i needed to fit the engine into the tiny 20 inch frame without clearance issues.

Last edited:

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
That really is a sweet motorized bicycle. Is that set up for two? I have read that the shorter intake preforms better (from Bairdco) what do you think?

Last edited:

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
That really is a sweet motorized bicycle. Is that set up for two? I have read that the shorter intake preforms better (from Bairdco) what do you think?
what do you mean "set up for 2?" 2 riders?
no, the pegs on the rear axle are where I put my feet while riding.
with the low seat and low bars, there's no way to ride with my feet on the pedals.
well, my engine doesn't have an intake at all. the carb is bolted right to the cylinder (it was made that way).
I do notice that it doesn't have much bottom end torque and i think the lack of an intake manifold is the reason why.
the rear sprocket is a 42 tooth and on a 20" wheel, it should have more take off power than it does.
BUT, it has really good top end speed (32 mph topped out on flat ground).

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
Yea I ment set up for two riders but I guess not :( . It really is a great looking bike, you have inspired me to build a bike with a banana seat :D. Who knows when that is going to happen though.