2011 Cape Henlopen (Lewes, Delaware) Rally

GoldenMotor.com

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're just a few days away now, and I thought I'd post some more information. First, the park gates open at 8am. There is an admission fee to the park, as we are not yet into the off-season.
The rally will be held at the basketball courts. I'm attaching a map to help you find it. I've crudely marked the route in red, with directional arrows alongside. The past two years I posted signs, but some disappeared and others were just not seen. So this year, in lieu of signs I'm posting the directions. Once you enter the park and pay admission, you will turn left shortly thereafter. You will then come to a T-intersection (Dune Road), where you will make a left. Follow this road and it will bear right (and become Post Road). Continue to follow Post Road past the Nature Center (on the left) and the Parade Ground (on the right). At the end of the Parade Ground you will turn left onto Queens Road, then make a quick left into the basketball court area. The road makes a loop around the courts, and we will be setting up there. In addition to the map I'm attaching, here is a link to a another map that you can blow up online. Though it doesn't show road names inside the park, it does show where the basketball courts are (located between the two youth camps). Cape Henlopen State Park Map - Cape Henlopen Deleware USA ? mappery

Attachments

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I got 4 bikes loaded in the trailer!!! I'm ready to go!!! I can't wait!! Looks like the weather will be nice too!! This year for the Saturday night party I'm bringing 5 year old apple wine. Bonnie says it tastes like moonshine rotfl I haven't tried it for a long time. I'm testing it now :)

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
The rally was great even though it rained. We got some good riding in. It's always nice to see fellow biker friends. The lunch at the Irish pub is always a good time. Come on you guys, post some pictures.

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
As Jay said we had a great time despite the weather. I have some pics to post right now, but I need to upload others from my cell phone and I'm not having an easy time of it right now. When it started raining I put the camera away and used my cell phone for taking pics.
As Jay said we did at least get the lunch ride out to the Irish Eyes Pub and Restaurant on Saturday accomplished even though it was raining at the time.
Here are some of the photos:

Attachments

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
The Rally was great like it always is. (^) What's the date for next year's Rally so we can mark our calendars?

Last edited: