Speed/Tach/Temp/Everything-Ometer!

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I have been running one on my BoXer since spring it kicks butt. It was nice to monitor engine temp and clutch etc on my sports bike when I was trying to fine tune it. These things rock. The speedo works great around the R.F. coming out of my Morini not a glitch.

Considering I had all ready been through a hand full of cheap speedo's from Wally's I took the plung. Have not regretted it! Not a great video here but I did make a night ride to show its illumination when I very first got my bike. I was still doing some tuning back then just a video messing around.

‪Night Ride With The Vapor Tech And BoXer‬‏ - YouTube

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Yeah, the Vapor is top notch. I've been looking at them for over 6 months, but haven't bought one yet because I already have a $65 speedometer lol

The Vapor is well worth the money, IMHO. 2 tachs, a speedometer, universal temp gauge, backlit...it's got everything but GPS!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I run a 9volt battery for it that last me for 4 months at a time of daily driving in the summer heat easily. It has a internal battery like a watch that holds all the presets. Good for a year or more dependent on maintaining the 9 volt battery.

A inductance wire wrapped around the spark pug wire for the tachometer. A wire to a Brass metal washer that goes around the spark plug thread base reads cylinder head temps.

The speedometer just like a run of the mill speedo gets its signal from a magnet off the front wheel.

There are different packages available. I had to get one with a spoke magnet and a 14mm size spark plug sensor. '' the washer thingy that goes under the plug''

I made a special soft mount for my head unit to help isolate vibes from my motor. Last I separated my wires and put wire loom on them to make them look neat and to help avoid any RF cross talk.

Last edited:

Nikko

Jun 23, 2011
So Cal
alright thanks, i want to save for one now, too bad there so expensive, 130 bucks seems too much tho, maybe ill just get an tach alone

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
alright thanks, i want to save for one now, too bad there so expensive, 130 bucks seems too much tho, maybe ill just get an tach alone
Just think of the extra MPH you could add to your top speed with that $130 you want to spend on a widget. A tachometer and temp. gauge/monitor are pretty good instraments to have onboard though.....I use them.

dnut