CDI Test

GoldenMotor.com

Lowandslow

Jan 24, 2011
Mesa,AZ
I decided to replace my plug wire right out of the box after reading numerous posts on the stock wire. I got a replacement from Pirate and tried to "unscrew" the factory wire. Well it did'nt just unscrew, in fact it had be twisted off and dug out. I screwed in the new wire and wanted a way to test the CDI to see if I was going to get a spark. I found a post with Ohm values and tested mine but my readings were considerably lower than what was posted. Don't know if I did something wrong or shouldjust hook it all up and try to run the darn thing.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Hey, jag. I got my bike running again today. I didn't go long enough to get it really warmed up but I can tell the power and smoothness is much better that before plus it fired right off, way faster than with the stock CDI.

I'm going for a 6 mile ride here soon, maybe. The weather is supposed to be much nicer tomorrow. If I can get out before it rains again today I'm off :)

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Heck, yah! Got her up on the pipe, full throttle, muuuch less vibration. Got to top speed fast also. Just think I need to tune on the carb to take advantage of all that's working correctly now, mostly the hi speed bleed.

Thanks much for the ignition :D