My stretch cruiser motor mounts

GoldenMotor.com

jimmyintucson

Sep 2, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Here's what I managed to throw together. Gonna have to fab up an exhaust somehow and still not sure how I'm going to tension the chain, but it's coming along one slow step at a time. The next step is to replace the back wheel with something better, keep having problems with it.

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Nice, Stretch Cruiser!

Check this thread RedB66 designed motor mounts for Stretch Cruisers!
http://motorbicycling.com/f6/updated-stretch-cruiser-mounts-15926.html?highlight=Motor+mounts+RedB66

Using those muffler clamps you might just crush the frame tube if you over tighten them.

As for your chain tensioner try reading some of RedB66's threads, or mine many of my Stretch Cruiser's builds are RedB66 inspired.

Peace Crazy Horse.
P.S. Here's a few links to my Stretch Cruiser Builds and others showing motor mounts designed and used by RedB66:
http://motorbicycling.com/f40/chrom...-customer-9810.html?highlight=Stretch+Cruiser

http://motorbicycling.com/f6/notice-stretch-cruiser-mounts-9582.html?highlight=Stretch+Cruiser

http://motorbicycling.com/f40/stretch-bike-disk-brakes-19378.html?highlight=Stretch+Cruiser

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/atv-engine-stretch-16449.html?highlight=Stretch+Cruiser

Check out the 26" Heavy-Duty Wheel with Dual Drive Sprockets sold by Bicycle-Engines.com:
26" HD Rim W/44T Freewheel and Brake - $129.99

Here's Maxvision's Stretch Cruiser with Sick Bike Parts Jack Shaft Shift Kit:
http://motorbicycling.com/f3/shift-kit-deraileur-gears-14501.html

AzToker

Feb 28, 2010
Too Stoned, Az
Man that is one sweet ride! I like how u did the motor mounts! Keep up the good work! I would like to see this bike in person when u are all done!
Btw imo, I think u should put one of those behind the seat tank on there. It would spice it right up!!!
I am on the eastside by stella n kolb area if you needing any help as i am taking a winter break from my project.

jimmyintucson

Sep 2, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Crazy Horse: Thanks for the compliment. I had originally tried redb66's motor mount idea, but the tubes are not completely round and I didn't like the fit that the bar clamps provided so I switched to the muffler clamps. Hadn't thought of them crushing the tube, but I'll just make sure to be careful. Yours and Red's builds are definitely inspirations. As far as the chain tensioner, I'm still playing around with ideas, but I have a few buddies who are machinists so we'll see what comes out of it. Thanks a bunch for the link to the wheel, pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, I'll probably pick one up as soon as I have the funds. Thanks for all the links...lots of good info to peruse.

AzToker: Thanks, I like sure like it. I'll be sure to update the forum when it's done and maybe we can setup a time to hang out. I'm in the Escalante and Pantano area, right up the road. I'm for sure thinking of alternate gas tank ideas, we'll see how it pans out, my first order of business is the back wheel, then the exhaust and chain tensioner, then getting it to run, then cosmetic upgrades. If you are willing and able to help with any of those I'd love to take ya up on your offer.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
cool looking stretch (^)
the mounts look stout (let us know how they work out, please)

even cooler to see the spirit of helping around here !!!
this place rocks :):):)

AzToker

Feb 28, 2010
Too Stoned, Az
Awesome, Just down the road. I will try n help the best i can. I am stil on the learning curve with these bikes. As for the back wheel, I would look at pirates website as he got a few of them. Or if you have abit of room back in the wheel area, go with a wider wheel as it would spice up the look even more. I havent seen these bike in person yet so i don't know the width. I think the 24 or 26x 2.5 wheel would look awesome. which you can get thru choppersus. I just put 26x2.5 disc wheel on front of my trike and it looks even better. now just need 24x4 in the back to finish her off. The exhuast shouldnt be hard. I havent upgrade mine yet but will when springs comes around. Can't wait to see it running!

jimmyintucson

Sep 2, 2010
Tucson, AZ
azbill: The mounts feel pretty stout, at least now that I've doubled them up, I'll be sure to post an update when I've had a chance to put 'em to the test. Thanks for the compliment. I totally agree about the community, I've found a bunch of info and support here, there's a bunch of great people here.

AzToker: I've thought briefly about a wider wheel, but I don't think everything would line up and I really don't want to have to refab more motor mounts to put it all in line again. As far as the exhaust goes, I think I might just end up hiring a welder to figure it out...I think I'd like to extend it all the way to the rear dropouts. Can't wait to show it off!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The mounts look nice, but you're probably gonna have a whole lot of engine shaking (& vibrating) with them! :(
I suggest using 1/4" thick flat steel to re-make them both. (^)

Also... with the engine way up there, you're gonna have all kinds of problems with fitting the chain.

Last edited:

hurricane

Sep 20, 2010
america
Also... with the engine way up there, you're gonna have all kinds of problems with fitting the chain.
agreed

the motor needs to come back closer to the seat post also, it really looks odd way up front.Heck you almost got enough room to actually mount the engine behind the seat post, chain problem would be fixed.

jimmyintucson

Sep 2, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I may indeed remake the mounts with 1/4" but I'd like to see how they do first. The chain run is a little long ( :eek: ) but I'm confident I can overcome that. The problem is that it's dark by the time I get home from work and I don't have a shop to work out of so it has to wait till the weekends in between errands.