Stingray occ gas tank mounting (HELP!)

GoldenMotor.com

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
Hi I have a schwinn stingray occ. This is my first build. I was looking for different mounting technices for the gas tank. Please help!

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I have seen the tanks mounted with only the rear studs,
and also with the mounting clips turned upside down and screwed to the frame

hope that helped a little :)

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have seen some where they use the extra long mounting studs for the motor on the front studs of the tank. Some weld them, some use a nut to bolt them together to give you the length to mount the tank.

Twisting the mounting plates help keep the tank from sliding down, or a small screw as AZBill suggested works as well.

I had many photos but lost them when my pc crashed.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Photos would be a big help. 8)
I searched for them but I must have lost them when my PC crashed. I lost thousands of photos.......sorry guys.

But I did find this one of a customer that I had to get running for him. He used plumbers strap. Not very attractive but it works.

Attachments

LilRazcal

Sep 30, 2018
Try this... Flip the brackets after drilling two holes in each. Mark the bike with a sharpie were you want the tank to fit. Drill two holes into the frame for each bracket. Use a rivet gun to attach the brackets to the frame...then just bolt down the tank to the bracket using lock washers and nuts! I'm working on my own Occ Chopper stingray now. I scratched my head on this issue too but found this pic. Ill include the website it came from because it helps you install the entire kit. Good luck! - Steve-
http://www.livefastmotors.com/pages...gas-motorized-bicycle-plans-installation.html

Attachments