my chopper ...hotter than a stolen police car

GoldenMotor.com

howling harp

Sep 17, 2009
toronto
built with chinese 66cc engine and twenty eight tooth rear sprocket. 20inch rear wheel. top speed of about 40 mph. idles ok as well. meets defin/ of motor assisted bycycle as amended in the HTA. i saw a post earlier that said ontario had no def'n to cover these bikes but i have to disagree. regulation 473/06 amended the hta to include motor assisted bycylces as a bycycle in the definition. see section 38. new bill 126 is renewing the amendment, as it would have ended oct. 3, 2009. love to know if i'm wrong but don't think so. roy

Attachments

Last edited:

howling harp

Sep 17, 2009
toronto
thanks. yeah it is big. especially when you run out of gas. ( i did late at night wheh..) anybody else have trouble with rear bearings in axle not being able to withstand constant motor use? i am thinking of swapping a motorcycle rim n tire axle assembly to beef it up. comments???

howling harp

Sep 17, 2009
toronto
hm... don't know the ratio math. but have a radar gun. it takes a little bit to get there but get there it does. 34/35 is no problem (mph). how fast do you think it should go given your math?

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
nice spoiler !!!
I have seen stock 'ray freewheels go bad as well as hub bearings :(
I would have thought spoilers would have better internals !

the big 20" tires are very close in height to 24's as well

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
nice motor mount did you have to make it or has somebody actually started selling them...ive been toying with a couple designs lately to fit a hard to fit bike and have been paying extra attention to this stuff

why does this thing keep calling me a newbie...ive built 4 of these things

howling harp

Sep 17, 2009
toronto
hi i got it from a guy on ebay who makes them for spoilers. if you search for stingray mount on ebay you should find him. if not contact me again and i will find it for you. luck roy

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
thanks dude...ill look him up...does it look hard to make???lets face it construction hardware yet resorcefull just doesnt look good...ive been considering getting an english wheel just to make some mounting ideas ive had in my head lately...a cool mount makes a bike in my mind(or at least lately)

how is curved steel welded to plates to mount and welded to the frame sound...i want about 3/8 steel for the rod...but its gotta be curved to match the frame...i got no experiance fashoning this all i can do is weld...wow i think im looking for a cheap bender maybe

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
I believe that you bike can easily reach 40mph with a sprocket as small as that. The math might not aggree, but my stingray (not the spoiler series) has the same rear tire, and a 40 tooth sprocket. I can hit speeds of 30-31mph full throttle on flat ground, so a smaller sprocket is definetely capable of 40mph Great bike by the way. I wish I had some more storage for things other than my handlebar bag. I have to pack light since I don't have saddlebags