"scooters"

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Something got me to thinking while reading a lot of these laws, most mention gas powered "scooters" and few say anything at all about motorized bicycles specifically.

So that got me to thinking, are all these laws being passed because and aimed that them

and not us???

I ride respectfully and fully within the bicycle rules of the road but let me tell you there are some kids in the neighborhood with these things that if I had a shovel handy.....:D

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Well, "they" say one bad apple ruins the whole bunch......
Still, "they" should be able to differentiate between a teenaged he-double hocky sticks- raiser and a mature, respectable rider.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
These laws may be more aimed at "scooters", but from a legal perspective, no matter what we call our bikes, do they fit the legal definition of a scooter (each state will vary). If so, those laws apply.

If not, what, legally, is your bike? In my state it's pretty easy for a bike to go from a "moped" or "motorized bicycle" to a motorcycle...and the laws are vastly different.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
im not a real political guy but i wish the lawbenders i mean makers could not be so vague, on the other hand i guess alot of this is up to the judge to define... keep em in court forever!

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
It seems to me all these laws are targeted at 50cc scooters that are proliferating on the streets these days and as more accidents are happening and laws being broken theyre trying to put them under the same rules and regs as motor vehicles, also additional revenue source. From what Ive read here it seems only OR has put a noose around MABS and most other states were still able to enjoy our freedom.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
This website in a whole is a bane to large companies everywhere because it invokes our inate human ability to be able to do things for ourselves...Oil in particular. Big companies want stupid consumers incapable of doing anything (that way they always pay extra for services), the Laws are molded to benefit this thought process by making it so you have to do it their way or face the consequences. Moneys are constantly funneled into these organizations to only end up benefiting some rich prik that funds more rich priks that lobby and find ways to force americans to give them even more money. Bottom line is unfortunately there is little that can be done about it now, they are on to us and they will not see someone riding down the street that is not forced to pay there monthly dues being able to enjoy the same freedoms...Why? Because their Priks and our Government is and already has failed us......I want more money too but I have ethics. Apparently they'd just rather everyone try to eff everyone else over and the person that is best at effin people over wins! Yay

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Don't know about other states but here in Michigan our governess is blaming the fact that people aren't buying enough gas anymore so the state isn't collecting enough revenue from gas taxes to afford to fix our piss poor roads even though we get taxed TWICE on gasoline, 6% sales tax and a flat 19¢ per gallon road tax.

In other words all the fuel efficient vehicles that supposedly everyone has is bankrupting our highway commission.

There was a case here about a year ago that a man got hit up for tax evasion because he was making his own bio-fuel but on the other hand they are really pushing for electric vehicles that use no gas and pay not one cent in road tax.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
lol yup the government is not here to help out the lil guy they are here to keep the lil guys lil and make sure the money is funneled into the "right" hands!