Kill switch wiring bolens bl110

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Hey I need wiring advice for a 3 wire kill switch conversion to two wire.

I got three wires sticking out my motor I am assuming two hots one ground or hot wire ground and one e start.

2 are encased in one wire, cut short, and the other is pulled clean out the switch on the side as if it was a ground source.

Photos attached:

[/URL][/IMG]

Good news found the owner of the house I've been stalking for the scrap metal. I have enough just incase this temporary prototype.
breaks.

MOUNTED WOO JUST GOT TO STEEL IT UP A TINY BIT MORE.

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
all a kill switch is is a momentary on switch that shorts out the ignition leads to the coil... not too hard to figure out.

You can also wire them in as momentary off to break the connection to the coil just as easy.

Now on smaller engines where the coil is right next to the flywheel with only a single wire going to the spark plug, using a momentary on switch to short the spark plug wire to ground is all you need.

Of course, if you HAVE to have a certain switch for whatever reason you'll need to use a multimeter or test light to see which side of the switch is momentary on or off and use those 2 wires leaving the third wire unused depending on the configuration you want to run.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
all a kill switch is is a momentary on switch that shorts out the ignition leads to the coil... not too hard to figure out.

You can also wire them in as momentary off to break the connection to the coil just as easy.

Now on smaller engines where the coil is right next to the flywheel with only a single wire going to the spark plug, using a momentary on switch to short the spark plug wire to ground is all you need.

Of course, if you HAVE to have a certain switch for whatever reason you'll need to use a multimeter or test light to see which side of the switch is momentary on or off and use those 2 wires leaving the third wire unused depending on the configuration you want to run.

What if I said I wanted to make it electric start, by via high voltage friction generator or battery something of that matter.

I decided to take it to the weld shop to have it installed like I want the motor without issue since the wife's blazer is due for a new muffler.

hundy for the muffler +installation and a extra 50 bucks if he can build me a bracket for the bike. Steel channels are hard to come by at local part stores tried ace and Lowe's. Clearing the front brake is the thing or I will have to have it drilled into the fork.

dance1

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
It would help us if we knew what engine you have. Your attached photo doesn't tell us much.

Tom
Hey tom i am still having kill switch issues I am starting to think the switch doesn't work.

Update on build.

Everthing is now aluminum and steel can get about 20mph on a moist road day. But it is nice.

Last edited: