Hammerhead

GoldenMotor.com

guiri

Jan 19, 2015
NC, USA
Hi. My name is George and I just signed up here. Someone told me about this forum.
Well, I am a member in lots of other places and since I just saw this in a motorcycle
group I belong to on FB, I thought it would be helpful here. I did a search first and didn't
find it so I hope it's new. Also, I am not in any way affiliated with these people
but I think the idea is very cool and super simple.

http://hammerhead.io/

:)

George

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Welcome to the forum... and yes... that's a Very cool add on to any bike... I might just get a few for my motorcycles, that's definitely easier to look at than a gps screen when on 2 wheels.

guiri

Jan 19, 2015
NC, USA
Thanks Dave and I'm thrilled that I managed to post something (that I couldn't find after searching) but it was a coincidence AND, it's funny how that works :)

What kind of bikes do you ride?

George

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I got 3 bikes... well... 4 if you consider the motorized bicycle, which I ride more than the others lately, but my other 3 are a Harley Sportster 1200, a Buell Blast, and a Suzuki Intruder 1400. that hammerhead thing is much more practical than a gps with a scrolling map... and there's no way you're gonna hear voice directions on any of my bikes, they all got open drag pipes with no mufflers or baffles. Even the motorized bicycle has a mdified KTM expansion chamber and dumps it right out the stinger with no silencer.

guiri

Jan 19, 2015
NC, USA
Will the Hammerhead work with a Grarmen GPS? Or will it be with only with a cell phone based GPS?
No idea, I just found it in a motorcycle group on facebook and since I just found out about this forum from a guy I sold one of my products to, I thought it would be great for you guys. Seems like a killer idea though and from just looking at their video, I'm thinking it's cellphone app based and that they somehow update the maps with bicycle suitable routes but check on their site. Again, I just saw it and watched the video :)

George

guiri

Jan 19, 2015
NC, USA
I got 3 bikes... well... 4 if you consider the motorized bicycle, which I ride more than the others lately, but my other 3 are a Harley Sportster 1200, a Buell Blast, and a Suzuki Intruder 1400. that hammerhead thing is much more practical than a gps with a scrolling map... and there's no way you're gonna hear voice directions on any of my bikes, they all got open drag pipes with no mufflers or baffles. Even the motorized bicycle has a mdified KTM expansion chamber and dumps it right out the stinger with no silencer.

Sweet! I like bikes, in all forms clearly :)

Yeah, I like the hammerhead idea. Nothing to really distract you from the road.

Had to look up the Blast as I didn't recognize that model and found this (which looks custom to but purdy...)

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yup... that's custom... Here's a pic of mine...

The company that makes that custom kit for the Blast has that one which is cool looking as well as a really cool looking chopper kit.. both very nice and well thought out.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Very fun bike to ride, its not exactly super fast with a 500cc single cylinder engine... top speed is right around 100 mph at best in stock trim and with some good upgrades they can get up to about 110 to 115... but they handle the road extremely well and love a nice twisty road. They also have a lot of torque so they don't feel slow or sluggish at all... excellent beginner bike that the advanced riders can still have fun on.

guiri

Jan 19, 2015
NC, USA
I love bikes and unlike a car or truck, I ENJOY riding those but it's too damn hot for me here in NC so I'm selling my bike :(