China Motor Crank Gear

GoldenMotor.com

Quanah

Dec 13, 2008
Central, Illinois
I want to remove the small gear from my crank, took the bolt out, but the puller tool that came with my motor kit won't thread into the crank gears hole...slightly too big. Anyone else have this problem?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
If you notice the puller will have large threads and small threads. Unscrew the center punch and install it on the other side. This will give you the smaller threads to work with.

Sorry about the rust, my shed leaks and i dont use the supplied pullers I have my own that work much better. The last photo shows the puller with the small threads, then the big threads.

Attachments

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
clean the threads well on gear & puller, then thread in VERY gently to be sure to avoid cross-threading

Quanah

Dec 13, 2008
Central, Illinois
Thanks Dave31 and crassius. I tried using the kit puller when I first got the kit. It was covered in heavy grease. I cleaned the grease off I and pulled the countershaft sprocket. Seemed like it didn't quite fit the crank gear. Anyway today, I cleaned of the threads a little better on the small end of the puller and noticed that the threads were damaged. Used a small jewelers file and cleaned them up...worked great! Thanks again.