spring loaded idler i bought?

GoldenMotor.com

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
Hi, I bought a high performance idler from bikeberry i had a hard time installing it but did it. I test it out on the street and the spring shot out so i have no clue what kind of spring i will need now and dont wanna order one from bikeberry. I was at lowes today and saw one that may work but not sure, Also what is the best way too install a spring loaded idler right now im using stock thanks guys for help.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Me? I'd install it back in the box it came in and send it back.

There are a lot of us who aren't impressed with the concept of a spring loaded tensioner. They seem to have one purpose and that's to adjust for an out of concentric rear sprocket. Center that sprocket and you won't need a spring to take up the slack.

Just one opinion. There'll be others.

Tom

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Me? I'd install it back in the box it came in and send it back.

There are a lot of us who aren't impressed with the concept of a spring loaded tensioner. They seem to have one purpose and that's to adjust for an out of concentric rear sprocket. Center that sprocket and you won't need a spring to take up the slack.

Just one opinion. There'll be others.

Tom
I second this, and third it, and fourth it xD. I never use tensioners in general, let alone a spring loaded one. You can use one and it will get the job done for a while, but as 2Door said, they are mostly used to band-aid a misaligned rear sprocket. Take the time to do it right, it WILL pay off in the long run.

Also, get one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-Motori...440&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=2&sd=160684676565&

This allows you to make the chain the perfect size so you never really need to adjust it.

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
I second this, and third it, and fourth it xD. I never use tensioners in general, let alone a spring loaded one. You can use one and it will get the job done for a while, but as 2Door said, they are mostly used to band-aid a misaligned rear sprocket. Take the time to do it right, it WILL pay off in the long run.

Also, get one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-Motori...440&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=2&sd=160684676565&

This allows you to make the chain the perfect size so you never really need to adjust it.
The stock chain idler attends too lean a little thats why i was thinking about putting the performance back on?