How often do you clean your exhaust port?

GoldenMotor.com

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
I had noticed a power loss on my kit and i went over the carb the spark plug checked the fly wheel magnetos to see if they were rusted and checked exhaust to see if it needed cleaned and i remembered i just cleaned it a few months back and I looked down to notice my exhaust port in the head was about 50% clogged! So I cleaned it out with some wd40 and wooded chopstick ( used wood so i didn't scratch the piston) and slapped it back together and she ran like new! I didn't realize how much power i really had loss until I got on my bike and ran a full potential. I clean my exhaust about every 75 hours. It makes a big difference.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What fuel to oil ratio are you running? Also is your exhaust gasket matched to the port or does it overhang to the inside? How often do you ride at WOT (Wide Open Throttle)? This is not a common problem.

Tom

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
What fuel to oil ratio are you running? Also is your exhaust gasket matched to the port or does it overhang to the inside? How often do you ride at WOT (Wide Open Throttle)? This is not a common problem.

Tom
My kits is small 26cc engine. it has the same exhaust most weedeaters have. It had about 3,500miles on it and i do run a little bit rich. I didnt think other kits with there exhaust pipes would have that problem. It is the only problem that i have had with the kit. The exhaust port isn't big at all and once the screen gets clogged all the crap just builds up in the port..but its as easy as 2 bolts and scrapping it out..took me 5 minutes once i figured out the problem..I removed most the screen i left a little and its running at full speed now. but i think i need to stop running my oil so rich. I do run it at a 32:1 and its supposed to be a 40:1.

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
Sounds like you're just running it rich. I had a goped with about the same displacement and never had that issue, but it always used 40:1 semi-synthetic

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Ok, Smokey the Bear. Only you can prevent forest fires . So if you going to the drive the car and leave that flame throwing bike home. LOL