RACE BIKES Invited! Sat Nov 5th 2011 Huntington Bch, Bicycle Show

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
This Saturday Nov 5th all the racers from the SoCal Motor Bicycle Race
have been invited to display their bikes for no charge.

Would be great if all the local racers made a display of their race bikes with the
number plates still on to promote the next April 7th Sat 2012 Grange Race.

Who is coming?

Saturday November 5, 2011
8 AM to 8 PM

Free admission
HB Bicycle Show at the Huntington Beach Pier

HuntingtonBeachBicycleShow said:
Hi guys, hope you can make it. yes, there will be gas powered bikes there and lots of electric. and for the parade of lights hoping to see some of the awesome new LED kits fro monkey electric, etc. A little more info:

Come join the Huntington Beach Bicycle Show Nov. 5th at the HB Pier. On display will be custom, decked-out, electric bicycles, gas powered bicycles and recumbents. Don’t miss great deals on bikes, accessories, pro trials, bicycle stunt show, test rides, cycling fitness tips, extreme and future bikes, & workshops by local experts.

The Huntington Beach Bicycle Show is a family friendly gathering that celebrates holiday awareness through the stunning beauty, both physical and functional, of BICYCLES! The HB Bicycle Show is partnering with Bikes Build Futures to celebrate bicycles and their enthusiasts while building futures for the neglected youth of Orange County.

The mission of the Huntington Beach Bicycle Show is to bring together wholesalers, retailers and bike enthusiast to raise funds and awareness for the Build Futures organization and its Bikes Build Futures social enterprise. Bikes Build Futures receives donated bikes, reconditions them and resells them to the public. This business helps employ Orange County youth who are homeless, runaways, or at-risk and puts them on the path to becoming independent and contributing members of society. We are encouraging bike enthusiasts from Los Angeles to San Diego to come to the show to see the latest and greatest in bicycles and accessories and do some early Christmas shopping, enjoy the bicycle shows and learn about how they can help these kids through donations and volunteer opportunities.

Saturday November 5, 2011
8 AM to 8 PM

Free admission
HB Custom Bike Show
Huntington Beach Bicycle Show - Non-Profit Organization - Huntington Beach, CA | Facebook
2011 Huntington Beach Bicycle Show

Vendors and participants:

Mode Bike,
Out-Spoke-N,
Jamis,
HB Scooters,
The Bicycle Stand,
Fresch Electric Gary Silva,
Myron's Extreme Machines,
City Grounds,
Hy-Bikes,
EZ Green Bikes,
Motored Bike Magazine,
Power to the E,
Team Soil,
Trails End,
Bikes Build Futures,
Hanger17,
K & T Hammer,
GDT Framing,
HBBS,
City of HB,
BMX Bike Show,
Evolve Gym

Vendor space still available.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I'm goin, even though I missed the Grange race. That ok Neil?
That's very funny my friend.
You can slap a pie plate on for your number with a magic marker # :D
Looking forward to seeing your new 4 stroke build.

Yep, any kinda gas bike is more than welcome to bring their bike to show.

I talked to the organizer Chris and he said I could get on the mike to talk
about and promote the next SoCal Motor Bicycle Race.

Would be good to get promo material and banner together if anyone
wants to help out. I don't have much time to do anything this week.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That's very funny my friend.
You can slap a pie plate on for your number with a magic marker # :D
Looking forward to seeing your new 4 stroke build.

Yep, any kinda gas bike is more than welcome to bring their bike to show.

I talked to the organizer Chris and he said I could get on the mike to talk
about and promote the next SoCal Motor Bicycle Race.

Would be good to get promo material and banner together if anyone
wants to help out. I don't have much time to do anything this week.
At last....a chance to become a celebrity and an advocate for the motorbicycling industry.....:D

As Nike would say "just do it".....pimp and promote.

Oh, and just so ya know Neil.......racing is FUN!

dnut

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
if you plan on riding, make sure you're more or less legal (M2, plate, dot helmet.)

i've never been hassled in HB (i ride there everyday to work, and have passed thousands of cops) but some people were on our last ride.

don't want to see anyone getting ticketed, or worse, a bike impounded...

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Sounds like a good time, not sure if I want to face the PoPo but would love to bring my bikes...but what fun would it be if I can't ride em....
Oh come on Jeff, You got a DOT helmet and M1/M2 drivers license which
are the 2 big tickets that the HB motorcycle cops look at.
They are big on having a red rear reflector too for some reason.

The plate is just a $25 fix it ticket and if you had a paid plate application
on you you aren't going to have a problem. Time to get one of those $19
plates......

I got pulled over with msrfan and his friend on their CA over sized 5 hp
motors and the HB cop didn't care because they have plates.
Only the friend got a fix it ticket for no M2 and we all could have got tickets
for no plate (me) no DOT on helmet. (msrfan + friend) no red rear reflector.

Would be great to have the big harbor freight race bikes there to promote
the race.

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Oh damn I lived in HB for 12 years and would love to go to this but unfortunately I work at a job that I have to work on weekends. I cant call out either because Im already missing alot of work for the dentist. Have fun guys!!

dand

Jan 19, 2011
El Segundo
So, how many MBs do you think will show up for this Neil? Are you planning a little ride also? Or just show up and see what happens?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
It turns out that the show was mainly intended for electric bikes... but the real show turned out to be all the GAS BIKES that crashed the party & lined up in the center! (^)

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Yes sir, we stole the show for a while. It was a much smaller event than anticipated so percentage-wise we had a large representation of motorized bicycles.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i rolled up about 10:30 or so, and there wasn't another motorized bike there but mine.

the guys from Mode Bikes and Amazing Grace Wines were really cool. they were set up out in the parking lot, like they were the black sheep of the event. check out Jay's bikes at Mode Bicycles. he makes some really cool stuff.

the rest of the show was pretty useless. i mean, it was a bunch of chinese bikes and generic electrics, some high-dollar road bikes and some dudes wrestling, extreme stretching, and pretend stick-fighting.

there was some BMX stunt guys in the parking lot with some 1/4 pipes, but no one really seemed to care.

the show advertised custom bike contests and all kinds of other stuff, but it didn't deliver.

sadly, it was just a bunch of people with crappy, stock bikes trying to make a buck, claiming to be "green" while they unload all those bikes out of their trucks and vans.

even more sad, it was supposed to be a benefit for homeless children, but unless you dug deep, you never woulda known it. i'm sure the thousands of beach-goers walking through there had no idea that there was some kind of charity event going on. the only announcements i heard all day was for a raffled off backpack. other than that, it was a mini-swapmeet for storebrand bikes.

then there was us.

i pretty much got the stink-eye from everyone involved with the show, but i also got 10 times the attention from the tourists then the show did. and i was mostly just smoking and watching the semi-pro women's volleyball team practicing on the beach.

when everyone else showed up, seems like most of the tourists could care less about some crappy, short range electric bikes, and were all over us with questions, and shooting photos.

if we truly were "invited," the organizers did a lousy job of making us feel welcomed, and if anything, are probably cursing us for "ruining" their show.

another odd thing, is there was no advertising other than word-of-mouth and some flyers handed out at bike shops. not even local craigslist ads or any of the bike forums new about it.

beside those of us who read about it here, everyone else i talked to, was just riding by, saw the bikes, and stopped to check it out.

somehow, this turned into a review and a critique about some event that no one here really cares about, and i guess the reason why, is, it was in my neighborhood, more or less, and it coulda been so much more.

i'm sure it ain't cheap to rent out the base of huntington pier and 3-4 prime parking lots, and it was promoted and executed so poorly, that there's no way it coulda made any positive impact to help homeless children.

and the homeless hippy tweaker girls with bleeding, picked at acne scars doing awful chalk drawings were obviously not the "poster children" for the event, even though they were the ones it was supposed to be all about. i didn't see anyone try to recue them, or even talk to them.

i didn't take any pics, 'cause i've seen all of our bikes before, and besides Mode's bikes, there was nothing else to take pics of.

except for those volleyball girls. i shoulda got some pics of them, but that woulda been kinda pervy...

Last edited: