hello. i plan on buying a kit TODAY.

GoldenMotor.com

invader-zim

May 9, 2008
i plan on buying a 70cc kit from dax today.
the only thing is i dont know what size of sprocket to get
i want one thats as fast as possible BUT i live in a hilly area but none of them are very steep
btw im 6'4 185lbs
i live in texas
i own 3 motorcycles
a jaguar
and restore vintage bicycles ( but none of those are going to be made into motorized bikes... i spend TOO much time on restoring them to put a motor on.)
im also 19 :)

the bike i plan on using is a 26" cruiser style bike but i dont know what brand yet. im hitting the store with $100 as soon as i get off of here.(c)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i use a 40tooth and really happy with it. kinda inbetween a 36 and a 44. let us know all about your motorized bicycle build. glad to have you with us and welcome
:ride2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. What part of Texas are you from? I've got a 44 tooth on both of my bikes. Works well for me. It tops out around 30 mph. I like to ride around 20 to 25 and have no problem pulling hills. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts on this forum. I bet you'll like it here. Don't be afraid to ask questions and by all means don't be afraid to share what you learn with the rest of us. We can all learn from each other............

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Sprockets are relatively cheap and really easy to swap/experiment with. I'd go with the stock 44T and see what you need from there.

Cruiser_ I edited your post, you had "26-44T" instead of "36-44T".

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum, glad you cold join us :D
I'm using a 44t I had a 36t but I'm much happier with the 44t. I've gone up some big mountains with both and the 44t is much better for that.

invader-zim

May 9, 2008

i just bought a schwinn jaguar and the 70 cc dax motor kit is gonna be ordered in about an hour
along with a 36 tooth sprocket
btw i live in longview texas

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
nice choice. i and alot of others have jaquars and all real happy with them. i bet you are excited as heck to get it all togather

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
the Jag is a great Choice. It is almost as though that bike was made for the Engine kit. Go to the install pages, last page down at the bottom to see the best way to do the front motor mount. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride..

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Hey cool, I have a Jaguar too. It makes a really comfortable motorized bicycle. I drilled a hole in my frame and put a bolt and a spacer with a flat plate to catch the front motor mount. It was pretty simple but I've seen some mutch better ways to do it since I've been on this forum. I think Cruiser has some pics somewhere here on how he did his. Longview, thats quite a distance from where I live. I'm from up in the panhandle. I've down in that part of the country lots of times. Ya'll got way to many trees down there.:D

starrunner

May 12, 2008
vintageboatplans.com

i just bought a schwinn jaguar and the 70 cc dax motor kit is gonna be ordered in about an hour
along with a 36 tooth sprocket
btw i live in longview texas
Make sure you get the fully adjustable motor mount. Your frame looks about the same as my Schwinn Point Beach, just different paint job. The non-adjustable one-piece mount was at least 2 inches too short and that's sitting right on top of the chain guard at the lowest point of the frame.

starrunner

May 12, 2008
vintageboatplans.com
Make sure you get the fully adjustable motor mount. Your frame looks about the same as my Schwinn Point Beach, just different paint job. The non-adjustable one-piece mount was at least 2 inches too short and that's sitting right on top of the chain guard at the lowest point of the frame.
Or since you're getting the 2-stroke engine, I guess it mounts differently with no plate, so maybe it doesn't apply here. I'm a 4-stroker, which is a very small minority.

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
You could always try the U bolt bracket trick if you do not want to drill through the fram, just get a big U bolt size of you frame and bolt it through a plate that lines up with the motor.