The next one going on my bike

GoldenMotor.com

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
My dad found this bike siren in his drawer, and gave it to me to put on my motorbike. I haven't seen anyone that has one of these on the forum here, but they are SUPER LOUD, and also look awesome. If you have any info about them I would love to hear it.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
You should be careful as many cities now have anti siren laws on anything
but emergency vehicles, check your local regs

Otherwise that's cool I'd like one, but I'd get in trouble with it LOL

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That's darn cool. A real piece of nostalgia.
I remember wanting one of those so bad. I thought it would be so neat. Then, I got one. It wasn't near as much fun as I thought it would be. The darn thing almost killed me too. The pull-chain came loose from the handlebars and fell into my front spokes. I didn't go over the bars but I went down, hard. I took it off my bike and have no idea what happened to it. But then that was many, many moons ago.

Neat find. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I remember those! Also for cheap, close pins and base ball card to have the motor sound along with the siren.

I'd heard the sound of about 50 Harleys under the over head Verrazano–Narrows Bridge on the Staton Island side of the Hudson, I was waiting for the ferry to Manhattan while back in the late 70's. It was the 5 Boro Bicycle Ride of about 75 miles through out the city with about 10,000 riding. Freeways closed off for bikes at locations and the lower section of the Bridge on the South bound direction was close for bikes only for a while. The police motorcycles echoing so loud with that nothing else could be heard. I could have had the siren you have and I don't think anyone would have noticed.

It was also fun to see the folks that were on the subway that day, there were a lot of extras hoping to be called on the set of the movie being filmed that same day, I think in Central Park for the Movie Hair.

MT

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
So how do these work?

Would be best to have a secondary drive or something to activate the siren when you pull a lever or something.