happy holidays from bairdco!

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone here a happy holiday season, and to thank everyone for making this sport/ hobby/ addiction/ whatever you want to call it, into what it is today.

things have changed a lot since i joined up and built my first bike, progressing from my first crappy cruiser to the reliable machines i/we're creating now.

i've had a lot of help from you guys, and i've helped out many of you as well. i appreciate the advice, the ideas, and the innovative spirit a lot of you possess, as well as the thanks and the props i've recieved from many of you, and of course, all the friends i've made here, from those i've met and ridden with, to those i might never meet due to geography, but talk to thanks to the wonders of technology...

i haven't been as active on the forum due to being back to work, but that doesn't mean i haven't been hard at work behind the scenes.

i've got big plans for the new year, some new bikes, some new innovations, some new products, and some big news on the local racing front!

without giving too much away until the details are finalized, the Bairdco Racing Association (not affiliated with any other racing organizations) will be in full swing. i've got 5 races planned this year, and as soon as the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed, i'll be announcing the schedules and locations.

i hope this year is bigger than the last for us motorbicycle enthusiasts, and i hope you all have a safe, fun, and happy holidays.

and, since it's supposed to be 75 degrees here today, i'm going riding!

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Happy holidays Baird. Thanks for taking on the racing, I look forward to it. Thanks for all your support on all kinds of issues. It's good to have you local, your a cool dude and fun to ride with.

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa
I just joined this site this year, and have searched all over for tips on building my MB. Bairdco seems to come up quite often and I've listened to your input. Thanks for helping out all of us newbies. I've only built one so far, but I've seen tons of ideas for the next one. Thanks 2Door for all of your input as well (like your car with the antlers too) Happy Holidays!! I went for a ride today, but unlike bairdco who is geographically blessed, I have to limit the length of my rides due to cold factors. Maybe I'll join the Polar Bear Club if I can make my own studded tires.

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
Seasons greetings Baird! You are truly a gentleman and a scholar. I've gleaned alot of information from you on some of you posts, old and new. I also like your youtube videos, showing just what is possible from these little HTs.

I look forward to your continued help, advice, and guidance on this forum!

And happy new year as well...

Peace, James

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hey old friend,
Glad to see you're back at work earning a living, supporting your motorbike habit. I still consider myself very lucky for having shared the rustoration thread with you and BarelyAWake back when. I learned so much from both of you. In the time since that epic thread the level of builds just keeps climbing. There are some amazing bike projects on this forum and some very talented builders. I look forward to seeing what you're up to. Wishing you and all of us good things in the coming year. Stay safe, have fun.
SB

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
thanks everyone... :)

i'm starting up a new build, and i'll be posting up a new thread on it soon. moped tires! oh no!

i also wanna say, even though i'm not posting as much, i still read almost every thread here. i read your entire hiawatha thread the other night, silverbear, pretty impressive stuff! nice to read about the friendship aspect, too.

it's great how these silly little bikes have brought people together...

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
And a Happy New Year to you, Bco!
Whew! I survived Christmas! I see u did too!

Good luck with the racing promotion for #12.
...an awful lot of details to attend to...
Best
rc

anim8r

Jul 15, 2011
Michigan
thanks, bairdco. Happy holidays, yourself.
Good luck with your races. That's a gift to everybody here. (hopefully there's gonna be one in the Midwest/Great Lakes area....)